Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Avatar not showing

More
14 years 2 months ago #21 by morfina
Replied by morfina on topic Re:Avatar not showing
correct

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #22 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Avatar not showing
K 1.5.8 (and K 1.5.9) shipped with a defective file (../components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/myprofile/myprofile_avatar_upload.php). There is a known issue. Line 335 of that file is wrong. This error is responsible for not displaying users' avatars.

I am attaching the correctly modified file. Extract the file from the attachment and replace your current file with that one and let us know if it addresses your problem.

File Attachment:

File Name: myprofile_...0225.zip
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #23 by morfina
nope it's still the same, by the way I notice that when I try to upload a image it shows this > fbfiles/avatars/62.jpg but the avatar name is different. I dont know if this could help... (btw with every other filename I try to upload the result is 62.jpg O_O)

P.S. In the beginning everything was fine and the avatars ware working but now I don't know what happen...
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by morfina.

More
14 years 2 months ago #24 by sozzled
morfina: If it is OK with you, would you like to send to me by PM your administrator account and password so that I can see how you have configured things?

More
14 years 2 months ago #25 by morfina
Sended.

More
14 years 2 months ago #26 by sozzled
morfina: I did not have any problems using an avatar with the account that you provided to me. I even changed the avatar to one of the samples that were installed by Kunena. I posted a test message in your forum. You can see, there is an avatar image.

Perhaps the problem is what are you trying to use for an avatar image? :S

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #27 by morfina
I doubt it I can use the default avatars provided by kunena but I cant upload my own I tried with several different avatars...

Also when I upload a completely different .gif file it always show 62.gif as it's now... But I want to change it with something different... and when I use .jpeg it shows - "X"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by morfina.

More
14 years 2 months ago #28 by sozzled
I concur. I cannot upload a file, either ... or, if I have uploaded a file, there's a directory permission getting in the way (?). It would be good to have FTP access to your website (see PM).

filetypes of .jpeg are a different issue: see To JPEG or not to JPG

More
14 years 2 months ago #29 by morfina
I've sended you a pm with my ftp details.

More
14 years 2 months ago #30 by word warrior
Replied by word warrior on topic Re:Avatar not showing
I am having avatar problems too. Sorry to butt in at this late stage. I've only just loaded Kunena onto my site I've activated all the avatar settings in the configuration and chmod'd the neccesary to 777. Still no joy.
This morning decided to upload an avatar but I got this message at the top after upload :-

JFile::copy: Cannot find or read file: '/tmp/kn_xHYQkG'
JFile::copy: Cannot find or read file: '/tmp/kn_wKFAcF'
JFile::copy: Cannot find or read file: '/tmp/kn_zAYA4D'

I suspect this is a paths issue (usually is isn't it?)
Can anyone point the way for me.

Site sits on a plesk server and kunena can only be viewed and posted to by registered users.

Help appreciated :(

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds