Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Avatar not showing

More
14 years 2 months ago #31 by word warrior
Replied by word warrior on topic Re:Avatar not showing
Just noticed as one or two people are posting that they are getting the default image for an avatar. However, Where I should get at least that I get the broken image link :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #32 by stefano
Replied by stefano on topic Re:Avatar not showing
Hi
I don't think this problem is solved yet, even near to be solved. There seems to be a big problem with the avatars, either one or an other way.

In my case members can not upload own avatars. It works from the gallery, but it's impossible to add new avatars in the gallery (they will not show). I have tried all solutions from this thread, but none of them helped (even joomla configuratios media settings does not help). I have also changed permissions to 777, but nothing.

So in my case i get some messages when trying to upload avatars.
1. Copy failed (red)
2. Copy failed (red)
3. Copy failed (red

it shows 3 times really, and the next message is under them in a blue field:
Your avatar has been loaded up succesfully. When looking in kunena avatars folder there is nothing else that those noimages.

So please developers, take this seriosly, there is something wrong with the way it handles avatars. I'm using the latest version of kunena.
Thanks

More
14 years 2 months ago #33 by morfina
Replied by morfina on topic Re:Avatar not showing
stefano wrote:

Hi
I don't think this problem is solved yet, even near to be solved. There seems to be a big problem with the avatars, either one or an other way.

In my case members can not upload own avatars. It works from the gallery, but it's impossible to add new avatars in the gallery (they will not show). I have tried all solutions from this thread, but none of them helped (even joomla configuratios media settings does not help). I have also changed permissions to 777, but nothing.

So in my case i get some messages when trying to upload avatars.
1. Copy failed (red)
2. Copy failed (red)
3. Copy failed (red

it shows 3 times really, and the next message is under them in a blue field:
Your avatar has been loaded up succesfully. When looking in kunena avatars folder there is nothing else that those noimages.

So please developers, take this seriosly, there is something wrong with the way it handles avatars. I'm using the latest version of kunena.
Thanks

I'm the same only that I dont get any messages and get "X" image... I tried changing the permissions to 777 but it didn't help...

More
14 years 2 months ago #34 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Avatar not showing
Hello,

try to check/change the owner of the files/directories : help.ubuntu.com/community/Joomla#Configure%20Access%20Rights

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #35 by arnold122
Replied by arnold122 on topic Re:Avatar not showing
sozzled wrote:

arnold122: what version of Kunena are you using? If you are using K 1.5.8 or K 1.5.9, please read Avatar not display in Kunena 1.5.9 . :)

morfina: I don't know whether my advice to arnold122 will help you or not. :unsure:

Thank you sir!
Your advice indeed solved my problem. FYI I am running K1.5.9

More
14 years 2 months ago #36 by word warrior
Replied by word warrior on topic Re:Avatar not showing
xillibit wrote:

Hello,

try to check/change the owner of the files/directories : help.ubuntu.com/community/Joomla#Configure%20Access%20Rights

:( Nope, nothin' doing here as suggested in the quote I changed the permissions but still no joy. What I can't figure out is why the default avatars are appearing with the users but all I get is a broken image icon. :huh:

Regards
Andy

More
14 years 2 months ago #37 by morfina
Replied by morfina on topic Re:Avatar not showing
the link is not working for me eigher...

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #38 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Avatar not showing
morfina: you shouldn't use CHMOD = 777 for directories; read docs.joomla.org/What_are_the_recommended...ctory_permissions%3F

I had spent about 2½ hours working on your system this morning - I wrote you a PM - you have so many extra Joomla extensions on your website that it's difficult to know where to begin. I had changed your directory permissions to 755 and I was in the process of changing the file permissions to 644 before you uninstalled Kunena. You have now changed the ownership of your files and the directory permissions and I am unable to install Kunena on your system at all, unless, perhaps, I start all over again.

I'm sorry, there are too many cooks spoiling this broth. I will have to pull out from helping you.

We have to put this context: the website is running Joomla 1.5.8 in "legacy" mode. It looks like a test site: there are only two registered users. In order to isolate the cause of these avatar-related problems, it would be preferable if the website was running a standard Joomla install, free of other extensions, before proceeding further.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #39 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Avatar not showing
morfina has informed me that he will be abandoning his work and starting again.

This discussion topic is therefore closed.

Time to create page: 1.107 seconds