Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Idea How to change Karma position?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by iLucato
Hi folks,

I'm using the K 1.5.12 and the issue is that the thread title runs over the karma on the right side. See the circled area in red on the right top of the thread at the image below:

So, I want to place it on the very left at the bottom (Green circled area) on the same line as the message "This thread was closed", well the image is in Portuguese-BR where you can read "O tópico foi fechado." on the right bottom of the thread (circled in red)

So, I wonder what is the filename that I can find and change the karma code position to place it where I want too (green circled area).

Thanks in advance.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by iLucato.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi iLucato,

to do that you need to make changes in message.php

components / com_kunena / template / default_ex / message.php

About line 78 you will see that code
Code:
<td align = "right"> <span class = "msgkarma"> <?php if (isset($msg_karma)) { echo $msg_karma; if (isset($msg_karmaplus)) echo '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . $msg_karmaplus . '&nbsp;' . $msg_karmaminus; } else { echo '&nbsp;'; } ?> </span> </td>

move it down in about line 329

<tr>HERE<td class = "fb-msgview-right-b" >
<div class="fb_message_editMarkUp_cover">

Regards

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by iLucato
Hi @quila, thanks a lot for your tip!

Man, I placed the code where you've suggested (around line 343) as you can see here:
Code:
<td class = "fb-msgview-right-b" > <td align = "right"> <span class = "msgkarma"> <?php if (isset($msg_karma)) { echo $msg_karma; if (isset($msg_karmaplus)) echo '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . $msg_karmaplus . ' ' . $msg_karmaminus; } else { echo '&nbsp;'; } ?> </span> </td> <div class="fb_message_editMarkUp_cover">

and I got it:

Now I need to try the tds, trs, divs, by guessing once I have no idea how they work, to see if I get a better fit. If you have a better idea, I'll appreciate again your kind help.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
You'll need to experiment with the CSS to position the Karma indicator in a TD with a border, padding, etc. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #5 by iLucato
I did it, and didn't solve. I mean, I changed the span.karma in the CSS

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by @quila
You have placed that code in wrong place. Place the code AFTER <tr> and BEFORE <td class = "fb-msgview-right-b" > like I said before

you have placed code AFTER <td class = "fb-msgview-right-b" >

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
You might try editing view.php (don't know what line number) for the code that generates
Code:
<td class="fb-msgview-left-b">&nbsp;</td>
and change it to
Code:
<td class="fb-msgview-left-b" colspan="2">&nbsp;</td>
That will, at least, tidy things up a little bit.

EDIT: I think @quila has a fairly good handle on this problem and my suggestion may not be necessary.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #8 by iLucato

@quila wrote: You have placed that code in wrong place. Place the code AFTER <tr> and BEFORE <td class = "fb-msgview-right-b" > like I said before

you have placed code AFTER <td class = "fb-msgview-right-b" >

Ops, my fault! Didn't make too much difference. :0) Here is the result I get as logged-in and as visitor by using the corret way you requested as show below:
Code:
<tr> <td align = "right"> <span class = "msgkarma"> <?php if (isset($msg_karma)) { echo $msg_karma; if (isset($msg_karmaplus)) echo '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . $msg_karmaplus . ' ' . $msg_karmaminus; } else { echo '&nbsp;'; } ?> </span> </td> <td class = "fb-msgview-right-b" > <div class="fb_message_editMarkUp_cover">

Here is the screenshot to you have an idea.

@quila, I'm not programmer and you are the man, but in my humble opinion, I think it should go somewhere around the "fb_message_buttons_row" arround line 420 and ahead, shouldn it in this case?

I'll try the Sozzled stuffs and will be back. :0)

Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by @quila
OK, replace your message.php with this attached and say me what you see.

File Attachment:

File Name: message.zip
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by @quila
Or you can leave this where xyou have now (below profile), maybe is better place

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds