Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena forum width not full

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by manansaini
i removed both side bars but still forum is not full width

can u tell me where is the problem>

i tested this on localhost as well on site.

here is screen shot:
img718.imageshack.us/img718/4356/98676389.jpg

if problem due to template tell em where to edit that thing :(

hope reply u asap.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by manansaini
hey developers and mods can any one tell me whats wrong ??
plz need urgent solution :(

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by manansaini
one more problem when i unselect the right side bar for forums link then it also hide for articles :(

i only want not to display side bar in forums , but want to show in articles :(

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Firstly, you posted your message in the Support category: this category is for reporting defects with the Kunena, not for asking for help with designing your website. I have moved this topic to the Templates and Design category.

Secondly, you should also read Before you ask for help with template issues ... This may not solve all of your problems but, at least, you will be better prepared for the questions that are about to follow.

Although you have posted a screenshot that illustrates the issue - and thank you for doing that - we cannot provide you with the specific help that you request because everyone's situation is different. Even if you read the countless number of topics that we've dealt with that look similar to what you've got, the solutions may not be appropriate to your specific circumstances.

The solution is, therefore, to use a diagnostic tool like Firebug for Firefox that will pin-point the exact area of your site template that you need to modify. :)

You can ask for more help if you need it.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by manansaini
first of all i posted the topic in that forum becaus i havenot use any template of kunena there is written "Ask all your questions about templates of Kunena 1.5 here."

mean if we use kunena template then its the appropriate section. so i have posted in the bugs/technical support/report section.

second i have already read all the posts on this site but not find a appropriate solution one.

i suggest you kindly read again my third post i think its a bug. because only changes in forum also change in other articles.

at least you guys have experience why such problems occur thats why i ask i just need hint where is the problem. I also google a lot but no one similar issue find.

that's why i ask here in the forum.

If your team provide better solution then its appreciate. otherwise i have to switch some dedicated forum :(

thanks for support.

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
manansaini wrote:

I have already read all the posts on this site but not find a appropriate solution one.

I suggest you kindly read again my third post i think its a bug ...

Very well. Let's assume that your problem caused by Kunena:

What version of Kunena have you installed?
What Kunena template are you using?
What version of Joomla are you running?
What Joomla template have you installed?
What is your site's URL. Does your site allow users who are not registered to view your forum? If your site does not allow users to browse your forum pages, do you have a test account that we can use?

These questions (and a few others) were indicated in the reference that given to you earlier.

More
14 years 1 month ago #7 by manansaini
What version of Kunena have you installed?
ans: Kunena1.5.9
What Kunena template are you using?
ans: default_ex
What version of Joomla are you running?
ans: Version 1.5.15
What Joomla template have you installed?
ans: siteground
What is your site's URL. Does your site allow users who are not registered to view your forum? If your site does not allow users to browse your forum pages, do you have a test account that we can use?
ans: www.logicmatters.org

yes you can view even read without register you only need account for post.

These questions (and a few others) were indicated in the reference that given to you earlier.

I hope everything is clear.?

More
14 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
The problem is caused by your Joomla template. Change your Joomla CSS at about line 143 adding the line below in red:

#whitebox div {
text-align:left;
width:auto;
}

More
14 years 1 month ago #9 by manansaini
hmm thanks a lot sozzled! now its width full!

what about that another problem ?

when i unselect the right and left side bar for forums link then it also hide for articles...

More
14 years 1 month ago #10 by sozzled
manansaini wrote:

hmm thanks a lot sozzled! now its width full!

Good. This solves your problem which, by the way, was not a defect of Kunena.

If you have another problem then please ask it as a separate topic. Your other question might be a simple one, or it could turn into a complex issue. Let's treat the matter separately, shall we, in case other people have a similar issue.

It would also help, for your other problem, to show a screenshot that clearly labels what you call the left and right "side bar". OK?

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds