Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Idea upgrading from K 1.5.9 to 1.6.0?

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by ae3d
I see theres a BETA version out for K 1.6
but i dont see any threads or documentation talking about how to upgrade to it

Am i missing it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
The general principles about upgrading from K 1.5.anything to K 1.6 are the same. Install K 1.6 just like you install K 1.5 - you don't need to uninstall anything first.

BUT ... (you knew there had to be a catch, didn't you?)

Don't upgrade your live production K 1.5.anything website without first taking a backup of it.

Don't upgrade your live production K 1.5.anything website without first testing the upgrade/installation procedure on a test site that's located on the same server as where your live site is located.

Don't upgrade your live production K 1.5.anything website without first knowing how to use K 1.6 ... it's different!

Remember: K 1.6 is a beta development version; support is limited; it's changing all the time: please take note of important sticky topics Welcome to Kunena 1.6 and Attention all testers . Knowing that it's a beta version (and there are still some problems that haven't been completely resolved) and knowing there's always an element of risk associated with using beta versions of any software, and after taking all the necessary precautions that I've just mentioned ... *phew* ... it takes 1 minute to upgrade from K 1.5.9 to K 1.6. :woohoo:

Trust me, it takes longer to read what I've just written than it takes to just do it!
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds