Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Welcome to Kunena 1.6

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by sozzled
For several months the Kunena team has been working hard to create the new, much-improved forum software for Joomla ... Kunena 1.6. For those who would like to know more about this exciting development, I recommend that you take a tour of some of the new features and concepts that have been introduced: see Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view .

At the time of writing, the Kunena team is heading towards support our users with K 1.6. Even though Kunena has not yet been released as a "stable production version" we are putting less emphasis on the development of the product and more emphasis on helping users to adopt the new version smoothly and without problems. K 1.6 is already being used in live production sites around the world.

Of course there will always be problems - nothing is perfect - and even with the best plans things don't always work out as we'd hope for but we feel that it's important to stress the advantages now instead of dwelling on might happen in the future.

We ask you to bear in mind that most of us, users and moderators alike, are in the similar situation together - we're learning, too - but we'll always try to do our best to help you.

Please remember, when you post your questions, to include details about what version of Kunena you are using (use the K 1.6 configuration report feature to save you time), use the search facility as much as possible and look at the documentation Wiki site . Even though there is a lot of work still to be done with the K 1.6 documentation site, there is help there for you. If you have ideas on how to help with our work please let me know. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ravimanoram, ChaosHead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by Scottux
Replied by Scottux on topic Re: Welcome to Kunena 1.6
Good news !

Thanks to Kunena team. Very good work with the 1.6. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Case-Berlin

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Welcome to Kunena 1.6
Now live here on kunena.com!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ravimanoram

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by Moonstone
Replied by Moonstone on topic Re: Welcome to Kunena 1.6
It's very exciting to see that the devs are taking a huge step forward by utilizing Kunena 1.6 on the live forums! It feels as if big changes are about to happen very soon!

Thanks for all your hard work, Kunena team! Many of us users don't show our appreciation often enough.

I can't believe K1.6 beta is almost here!!! =D
The following user(s) said Thank You: roland76, @quila

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by fxstein

Moonstone wrote: It's very exciting to see that the devs are taking a huge step forward by utilizing Kunena 1.6 on the live forums! It feels as if big changes are about to happen very soon!

Thanks for all your hard work, Kunena team! Many of us users don't show our appreciation often enough.

I can't believe K1.6 beta is almost here!!! =D

We too are very excited. Many months of long - late nights are finally coming to an end.

The following user(s) said Thank You: veeesh

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by veeesh
Replied by veeesh on topic Re: Welcome to Kunena 1.6
Thank you for your hardwork. Are you making a release of Kunena 1.6 beta this week?

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by fxstein

veeesh wrote: Thank you for your hardwork. Are you making a release of Kunena 1.6 beta this week?

That is the plan - we got delayed a few days with some extra fixes that got applied. Trying to wrap everything up for the public Beta later this week.

Thank you for the patience.

The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by cbrace
Replied by cbrace on topic Re: Welcome to Kunena 1.6
I am really looking forward to 1.6. From what I have seen of it on the forum here, it looks a lot cleaner. And the Subscribe-to-section feature is going to make my life a whole lot easier.

Thumbs up and thanks to the devs for all the good work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpc0480

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds