Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question sync users failure - error 1146 and SQL error

More
14 years 2 months ago #11 by robcohen
I have another question. I need to know how to backup any templates that may have been changed before I do the uninstall and how to restore them after the install. I can see the backup now item in the Components/JoomlaPack and will do both the Backup Site and Backup Database in addition to a normal full home directory backup.

The crux of the matter is I don't understand how I'd restore any of these templates after I un-installed and then re-installed Kunena. If that's not too complex can you get me pointed in the right direction?

I see these templates:
[ ]JA_Purity
[ ]rhuk_milkyway
RedEye_Aphelion
[ ]beez
khepri

[] represents a check box; those without it are grayed out

Thanks!

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #12 by robcohen
Wondering if this is the answer. I understand that templates are just files stored in the templates directory of my site. As long as I have a good backup of /$HOME/www/templates/ then do I not have what I need to restore this directory?

I found the place to un-install templates but just don't know which ones I should zap. Don't want to take away templates used for something else by accident. Can I just leave the the templates in place or will I get a failure on the install because it may need to over-write them?

Thanks again. I'm finally getting better at locating what I need in the docs -- just not everything :-)

Rob

More
14 years 2 months ago #13 by xillibit
These are joomla! templates and not kunena template, which is different.

Do you have solved the issue that you have explained in the first post of this thread ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14 by robcohen
Hi,
Have not fixed the problem that began this thread yet. I could not get the down time to work on the problem until now.

As I understand it, un-installing and re-installing the Kunena component is what must be done to fix it.

I have found templates in a couple of other locations:

$HOME/www/components/com_kunena/template/(default, default_ex, default_gray, default_green, default_red, zephyricons)

and the same directories in $HOME/public_html

I see in Kunena Configuration references to these templates (only):
default_gray
zephyricons
Would I just un-install default_gray and zephyricons before the Kunena un-install/re-install? If so, are they installed again when I re-install Kunena? Do I need to save off the current ones some place and then copy them in again after Kunena has been installed?

By the way I found that I have to use Kunena v1.0.11 because of the php release level at my hoster.

Thanks,
Rob

More
14 years 2 months ago #15 by Matias
Kunena 1.0.11 is not maintained anymore and should really not be used. If your hosting still has PHP4, you should change your hosting company as PHP4 (and distrobution containing it) hasn't been maintained for over a year either..

More
14 years 2 months ago #16 by robcohen
Matias,
Thanks for the info. I've asked at my host about their upgrade plans and they've been silent for 24 hours so far. We may not be able to move right away and the fact is I need to upgrade Kunena in order to fix the issues I've described at the beginning of this thread. While it might not be possible to upgrade to the latest release, if it fixes the problem causing pain then perhaps it may be worth considering.

Thanks for your input and will make sure that a move to an upgraded PHP is part of our planning.

Rob Cohen

More
14 years 2 months ago #17 by Matias
Unfortunately the only versions having this fix are K1.5.8 and K1.5.9, which both need PHP5 and Joomla 1.5 -- and the code is too different to be just copied into K1.0.

The code can be adapted to K1.0, but it's not trivial. If you want me to do this as paid job, Skype me: matias.griese

But if your hosting company wants to make money for free -- I'd advice you to vote with your legs and try to find better hosting for your needs. :)

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds