Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question sync users failure - error 1146 and SQL error

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #1 by robcohen
Hi,
Have Joomla 1.5.13 with Kunena (only place I can see a version is at the bottom of the page: Installed version: | | [ ] - top of page says "Legacy 1.0" but does not identify product).

(Edit) Found this info in /home/xxxxx/public_html/components/com_kunena/CHANGELOG.php that shows the Kunena version must be 1.0.8:
<?php
/**
* @version $Id: CHANGELOG.php 456 2009-02-17 23:49:43Z mahagr $
* Kunena Component
* @package Kunena
*/
Changelog

Kunena 1.0.8

The symptoms I'm seeing are:

1. User list in forum "All Site Members" stops at ten members - when I change the drop-down to display Board of Directors members, it shows the BOD members correctly along with their Board Position in one column but most of the users added over the past few months also show (in error) on this list even though they're regular members, not BOD members. In the Board Position column, the extra users show 'null'.

2. I also notice an error message that appears on almost every Kunena administration page and a sync users returns this same error:

Plus the version string on the page looks unpopulated to me and that the complaint is about version table. A missing table in the data base is fairly obvious but how do I get Kunena to create and populate the table? What could I do of reinstalling or upgrading Kunena to fix this problem??

Not sure if these two conditions are connected or not. I'm a noob as far as Joomla/Kunena though am reasonably technical. Am filling in for lost staff member at a non-profit and do not have much to go on with these problems. Have looked around for anything I could do but am not sure I understand the problem, at least as it relates to Kunena.

I didn't install either Kunena or Joomla - this was done some months ago by someone else - could this possibly be a problem dating to that install?

Thanks in advance!
Rob
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by robcohen. Reason: fix image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2 by robcohen
placeholder message to turn on "notify" on replies

Please reply to this message so I will see your response right away!

More
14 years 3 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

Don't look into changelog to see kunena verion, you have one place to see the version, with the last element with the table jos_fb_version, it seems that this table doesn't exist.

What version of kunena do you have installed ? If at the end of intallation, you haven't see the message installation succesful, try to reinstall kunena and please use kunena 1.5.8.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 3 months ago #4 by robcohen
Hi and thanks for the response. I have no idea what version of Kunena is installed. I was just grasping at straws when the string in that file turned up.

Should I be able to safely just install 1.5.8 over what I have now? I'm sure it has not been updated since around the beginning of August so that's why a February 2009 version seemed reasonable.

Thanks!

Rob

More
14 years 3 months ago #5 by xillibit
To be sure, desinstall your actual kunena version and backup your personnalized templates and then install kunena 1.5.8, you don't lose datas because all is saved in the database and nothing is removed when you desinstall kunena.

More
14 years 3 months ago #6 by robcohen
Xillibit,
This seems like a reasonable way to get things re-alligned. I've looked at the read-me files for upgrading a Kunena install and have some questions not answered there.

Read-me talks about using the Joomla installer via URL. How do I go about finding the Joomla installer? I assume it will be on my site somewhere but I don't know the conventions for how it is normally installed and where everything winds up.

I have uploaded the tarball and extracted the files into a temp directory.

In the install directory, I have these files:

kunena.install.php
kunena.install.upgrade.xml
kunena.special.install.php
kunena.special.upgrade.1.0.5.php
kunena.special.upgrade.1.0.8.php
kunena.uninstall.php

I gather to do the uninstall I will use the kunena.uninstall.php. Is this code also to be
executed by the Joomla installer? How do I build the URL to execute this file under the
Joomla installer? Something similiar for the install?

And then do I do run the kunena.install.php? Will I have values to configure at install time - if so
how can I easily get a print from the current Kunena with the values I'll need to plug in? Don't want
to find myself halfway through an install, having uninstalled the previous version, faced with answering
questions for parameters that I don't know.

Or do I use the kunena.special.upgrade.1.0.8.php instead - your message said to uninstall so I am guessing
this is not the best way to do this.

Thanks!
Rob

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #7 by xillibit
Don't touch at php files, for installation/uninstalltion process you need to go in joomla! backend -> extension manager -> Install/Uninstall, here in the tab components you uninstall kunena and in the tab install, install kunena. :silly:

For installation, the better way is to use Install from Directory, in this field put the path for your temp diretory.

Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 3 months ago #8 by robcohen
Thanks for the detailed answer. Just logged in to see if I could follow your instructions but I don't see the backend or extension manager from the Joomla administrator panel at www.domain.com/administrator . Should I be looking elsewhere or have I missed something?

By the way, there's some info on the main Joomla panel when I first sign on as administrator at www.domain/administrator/ labeled "Site Support" that gives the hosting company info as well as some other (all out of date) info. Have been looking everywhere for the right place to update this. Can you tell me?

Rob

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #9 by xillibit
This is here :

I think it's the first time that you use joomla!

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 3 months ago #10 by robcohen
Indeed - I made it clear I'm new to Joomla, though I've been in IT for more than 25 years. Thank you for your patience. We all have to walk before we run...

Now I see where to uninstall as well as install from your excellent instructions.

Will post again when I have some down-time to make the changes.

Thank you so much!

Rob

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds