Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic] The great, frequently-asked, "I cannot create a new thread in my forum" question

More
14 years 2 months ago #31 by interworld
To me, all settings look right. Couldn't find anything awkward. Any chance I can provide you temporarily access to my back end?

If so, please provide an email I can send it to.

Thank you,
Jon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #32 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Unable to post new topics.
Yes, I appreciate that you may not like the colours of the default_ex template but, at least, I can have a forum design that I can recognise.

Your discussion board consists of seven categories but no forums. The terminology may be strange to you (please read Standard (consistent) Terminology?! ) and the mechanism is clumsy ( How to create Categories, Forums and Subforums ) but it works. :)

Kunena needs two "forums" - I'll explain what I mean in a moment - to work. One (the level that has "no parent") is known as the category. Within the category you create your forum. If you don't organise your Kunena board in this way, you cannot post any topics.

In regards to your second question - "is there any way I can change the colour and fonts?" - yes this is a fairly straightforward process. However it requires a little skill and patience and understanding of CSS. The general principles are outlined in Changing Template and its Colours - the Basics .
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago #33 by interworld
Great. Thank you for taking time to describe this in details. The forum is working and I am looking into CSS now.

I may say, at this point, that the matter is completely resolved in a very short period of time.

Thank you for your great work and your contribution to the community!!!

Wishing you all the best!
Jon.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #34 by rodbro
Hey Support

I did intergrate with Infuse template and it all looks nice and it function.

Now I upload some user and it all works until...tried to make a new treat/post:

This is the error:

[Fri Apr 09 15:56:19 2010] [notice] child pid 21692 exit signal Segmentation fau
lt (11)

[Fri Apr 09 15:56:19 2010] [notice] child pid 21692 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

This is what I get.....

I see IE:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

we tried both php 5.2.11 and 5.2.13

So it is a kind of segmentation error but we dont even get a log.

Help!!

Kenneth
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #35 by Cerberus
ok as with all problems you need to provide some information:

1. URL of your site
2. Version of joomla and kunena that u have installed
3. what templates you have installed for both
4. what modules and components you have installed
5. A test account so that your site can be accessed to look at your issue first hand
6. when you installed kunena what package did you use ( zip or tar ) ?
7. when you installed kunena did you get the " completed successfully " message ?

extra information about your site:

1. you mentioned an infuse template is that a joomla or kunena template ?
2. who makes the infuse template ?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #36 by rodbro
. URL of your site
sundtrivsel.e-opinion.dk

2. Version of joomla and kunena that u have installed

3. what templates you have installed for both
Joomla - Infuse, Kunena - Default

4. what modules and components you have installed

K2 Tools, RocketThemes modules and components(RokAjaxSearch,RokIntroScroller,RokNavMenu,RokStories,RokTabs,RokTwittie,RokCandy,RokQuickCart)
Kunena Forum, Custom module made by me: Usurvey

5. A test account so that your site can be accessed to look at your issue first hand
Consultant user: consultant, pass: survey123
Registered user: johny, pass: survey123

6. when you installed kunena what package did you use ( zip or tar ) ?
.zip

7. when you installed kunena did you get the " completed successfully " message ?
yes

extra information about your site:

1. you mentioned an infuse template is that a joomla or kunena template ?
it's a joomla template

2. who makes the infuse template ?
rockettheme.com

Hope this help us to solve the issue :-)

Kenneth

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #37 by Cerberus
bingo exactly what i suspected :D your problem is ROCKETTHEMES they are known around these forum for breaking your website.

your going to have to go through and test with the standard rhuk_milkway template and disable each rok module one by one till posting starts again and then you will have found the issue and either leave the offending module diabled or keep the module and find another forum component.

id recommend disabling the 2 accounts you created for me so that they are not missused as i no long need to use them now we have found your issue. :)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #38 by icstars
i have the same problem... i tried disabling the modules and it is still not cooperating :/

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #39 by Cerberus
sadly its not just the modules its the template itself too.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #40 by icstars
actually you were right... it was a system thing... i went to plug in manager and turned off rok candy... it is working now.... :D thanks for the suggestion on turning on and off stuff...

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds