Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged How to install a language when using Kunena 2.0.2

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by Sjaak
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem. I've installed Kunena 2.0.2, but it is by default in English. I have downloaded the language pack I need, but I do not know how to install it. Does anyone know how to install a language pack?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #2 by Dario
Just Install it from
www.kunena.org/download
Then press F5 to refresh the Forum-Page^^lg
If not work - what language do you want to have?lg

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Dario.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by Sjaak
I was able to download the language pack and to extract it. After that, I was able to select the language I would like to use and install it, using the extension manager.

I got the message: Language pack installed succesfully!

But, the forum was not translated to the intended language. Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks for your quick response!

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled

Sjaak wrote: But, the forum was not translated to the intended language. Do you know how to fix this?

I do not understand the statement "the forum was not translated into the intended language". For example, if you have 100 messages written in English, installing the language pack will not translate the 100 messages for you.

Perhaps it may help to show us how, specifically, "the forum was not translated into the intended language"? :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: future trans

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by oldfart
I too am having problems installing the language pack.
Following the example given above (install URL) where the URL is
Code:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/17387/75811/pkg_kunena_languages_v2.0.2_2012-09-02.zip
results in an error:-
Package Install: There were no files to install!

Trying the other methods:-

install from directory
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
Path does not have a valid package.

upload package file
There was an error uploading this file to the server.

run install.script.php
no screen output & no action taken?

More
11 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
I must admit that I have never, myself, tried to have a forum where Kunena was translated into a different language. I must also concede that it should be a lot easier to find instructions in the Kunena Wiki that explain the specific steps involved. However, I think the key to helping you - who, like me, lacks the "experience" or cannot easily find help in the Wiki - is here:

Sjaak wrote: I was able to download the language pack and to extract it. After that, I was able to select the language I would like to use and install it, using the extension manager.

I hope this helps :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #7 by oldfart
Doesn't really help.
The Wiki (which I had read before attempting to install the language files) does not give any advice for Kunena 2 with Joomla 2.x

'download and extract it' .. to where??

thanks for the interest; I am surprised not more people want a multi-language site

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
(1) Download the translation package file joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/17...2.0.2_2012-09-02.zip to your PC

(2) Extract the files on your PC. This is what sjaak meant when he wrote "download ... and extract"

(3) After downloading and extracting, I guess what sjaak meant with "select" is to locate the specific translation that you need from the files that you have downloaded and decompressed on your PC. Then all you need to do is install the language(s) that you need in the usual manner.

I'm using intuitive guesswork here. When you have successfully completed the activity, oldfart, maybe you could help us with a detailed set of instructions we could put into the Wiki to help others? It would certainly save everyone's time in trying to learn the procedure, wouldn't it?
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 5 months ago #9 by TKtemp

The Wiki (which I had read before attempting to install the language files) does not give any advice for Kunena 2 with Joomla 2.x

From README.txt file inside language package.

Installing languages in Joomla! 2.5
===================================

Just install this package by using Joomla installer. If you cannot install the package because of 2MB upload limit, you can either
install the package from URL or make the file smaller by removing a few languages you do not need.

Installer will detect which languages have been installed into your system. It will install or update only existing languages,
so If you add new languages after installing this package, you will need to install this language pack again.

Every language will be installed separately to allow you to uninstall them one by one if needed. You can find the language
packages by going to "Extension Manager: Manage", selecting type File and filtering results by "Kunena Language".

Additionally extension manager will have a package called "Kunena Language Pack". Uninstalling this package will also uninstall
all the languages that were added during installation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #10 by oldfart
Hi Guys
Thanks for the help so far; managed to get a language installed (will do detailed write-up later).

But, now, how do I get Kunena to use that language??
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.636 seconds