Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Forum crash

More
15 years 1 month ago #31 by sn0b0ardr
Replied by sn0b0ardr on topic Re:Forum crash
I have the same problem, but nothing - including changing the template appears to resolve the issue.

My PHP and MySQL versions both satisfy the requirements.
PHP -> 5.2.8
MySQL -> 5.0.67
Joomla -> 1.5.5 with legacy 1.0 plugin enabled.

Same DB query is throwing errors. I'm beginning to wonder if the MySQL version that joomla is showing is inaccurate. What is the most accurate method to get the MySQL version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #32 by dazzafact
Replied by dazzafact on topic Re:Forum crash
I found out that Joomlapack can used for this Problem. Just backup a functional Joomlasite with KuNena-Site (working site-e.g. from HomeServer)- Than restore your backupArchiv on your Server that rightnow doesnt work.
www.kunena.com/index.php?option=com_kune...atid=36&id=2247#2287
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by dazzafact.

More
15 years 1 month ago #33 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Forum crash
You can see MySQL version by queyrying the server. Easiest way to get that info is to use phpMyAdmin or similiar (there were some for Joomla too). MySQL server stats is the right place to look.

More
15 years 1 month ago #34 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re:Forum crash
Matias wrote:

You can see MySQL version by queyrying the server. Easiest way to get that info is to use phpMyAdmin or similiar (there were some for Joomla too). MySQL server stats is the right place to look.

FYI: We have built that check into Kunena 1.0.8. The installer will tell you exactly what version you are on.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #35 by dazzafact
Replied by dazzafact on topic Re:Forum crash
fxstein wrote:

Matias wrote:

FYI: We have built that check into Kunena 1.0.8. The installer will tell you exactly what version you are on.

Does the new build 1.0.8 only tell you the Version ? or fix the whole problem ?
Wird es nur nach der Version fragen? oder auch das ganze Problem lösen können?
:huh:

More
15 years 1 month ago #36 by whouse
Replied by whouse on topic Re:Forum crash
If you are using a non-compatible version when trying to install version 1.0.8 or higher, the installer will stop and not allow completion.

More
15 years 1 month ago #37 by MyBikerSpace
Replied by MyBikerSpace on topic Re:Forum crash
Could it be related to your Joomla version 1.5.5. A quick search of Google brought back this statement heading from one of many articles about that version of Joomla.

12 Aug 2008 ... Due to component installer bug in Joomla! 1.5.5 Stable, you should patch ... for any problems

My Biker Space

More
15 years 1 month ago #38 by raftcomm
Replied by raftcomm on topic Re:Forum crash
I ran into this problem today as well.

I managed to get round the problem by selecting "No" in the Community Builder section of the Kunena configuration.

Looks like there are some integration issues that needs to be resolved.

More
14 years 11 months ago #39 by Index
Replied by Index on topic Re:Forum crash
Hi guys,

I have the same problem here. I believe this is caused by the database old version.

MySQL client version: 5.0.26
Database Version: 4.0.17-standard
PHP Version: 4.3.10
Web Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix)
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.10

It seems to appear on these pages:

default_ex template:

# Recent Discussions
# My Discussions

Other:

# Forum
# Show Latest Posts

However it does not affect other areas of the Kunena Forum.

I am not able to change any server configuration at this moment. I "solved" the problem changing the Kunena Default Page to Categories and editing the default_ex template to not show the tabs Recent Discussions and My Discussions.

I am not sure if I should do that. I think I will not be able to upgrade to further versions of Kunena if I don't upgrade the configuration, but as I said, I am not able to do it right now.

For the developers of Kunena, thanks for your work and I wish a very long life to this Forum. I have three questions for you:

1. Should I use Kunena in this way or should I downgrade to Fireboard and wait until have better config?

2. Is it possible to re-write the default_ex MySQL queries to work on old databases servers?

3. Should I do that?

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #40 by Brunus
Replied by Brunus on topic Re:Forum crash
Hi all

I have a similar problem, since I upgraded to joomla! 1.5.10, I can't anymore change things in the kunena configuration.

I trid to change parameters in administrator/components/com_kunena/Kunena_config.php but the component kunena don't use the new values.

Is it a prob relativ to this bug or something other ?

Bye

Edit sorry : I'm on kunena 1.0.8
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Brunus.

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds