Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Apostrophes in Subject Heading Cause [Example\’s]

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #1 by trew01
on our site we have joomla 1.5 legacy and firebords 1.0.3 stable installed heres the issu

example: im posting a reply on the forums or making a topic etc... i cant use any ' in it so i cant do this for example... "this is trew's house" it comes up like this "this is trew\'s house" adding the \ in it.... can i get some help with this bug? also it does this on anything else like syret information on videos that contain ' in the words etc..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #2 by trew01
hope someone can help... also does it t the board topic etc..
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by trew01.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #3 by sozzled
This behaviour was corrected with Kunena (version 1.0.8 ... possibly earlier). Is there a reason why you cannot upgrade from Fireboard?
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #4 by trew01
because of all the bugs i heard about in this version alot of complaints etc... maybe just rumors? do u suggest i upgrade to your version? as i stated it does it in the syret video plugin too for the site maybe its joomla? and we worked so hard on the forums using 1.0.3 so scared of messing them up... its also using CB for joomla as when people register on it they are registered for the forums etc... will that still work will i have to reedit it? it now syncs up automatically using the CB 1.2 with posts and rank etc.... and their CB avatar...

Thats why we havent upgraded heard alot of bad reviews on this one but still if its more stable then 1.0.3 FB and it wont ruin the current config we have then maybe i will.. any advice or help?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5 by grumblemarc
Replied by grumblemarc on topic Re:Fireboard:
That's different subject entirely. Where are you hearing these things from? I heard "they" like to spread a lot of those kind of rumors although I have never met "them". I would always recommend upgrading to the latest STABLE version. But before you do so make a backup-a habit you should get familiar with. Make your decision to upgrade, or not, based on your own research and not something you "heard". FB 1.0.3 was full of bugs as well.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
I can't comment on Kunena 1.0.9. Do not, under any circumstances, use Kunena 1.5.0a for your purposes. I am pleased with Kunena 1.0.8.

You should always test new software before you put it into production. You should have a test website for that purpose and you should give your users the time and the opportunity to experiment with any new features that you're intending to implement. I have a couple of test sites.

Regarding your concerns about Community Builder, I suggest that you browse the related category at this website . If you have any other questions about the strategic future of that product (including any development effort by the CB team to support Kunena) you should address your questions to Joomlapolis .

I am not aware that there are problems in synchronising CB 1.2 user registration with Joomla or Kunena. I am not aware that CB 1.2 fails to honour the Kunena forum ranking. I am aware that there have been difficulties with the core CB 1.2 simpleboardtab plugin.

I use Community Builder 1.2 and Kunena 1.0.8 and I have the two products working together satisfactorily for my purposes. You can see a demonstration, if you're interested, at enduring.com.au/40P_demo .

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #7 by sozzled
grumblemarc wrote:

I would always recommend upgrading to the latest STABLE version. Make your decision to upgrade, or not, based on your own research and not something you "heard".

Yes, I fully support what g'marc says: use the latest stable version.

For the time being, until the dust has settled following the recently announced Kunena 1.0.9, I would recommend that you instal Kunena 1.0.8 because that version has been stable for over two months.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #8 by trew01
Replied by trew01 on topic Re:Upgrading from
ok thank you both very much so i have a question can i just upgrade over the existing fireboard or fresh install? I want all my settings kept the same and posts etc... any advice on this?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #9 by trew01
Replied by trew01 on topic Re:Upgrading from
forgot to add this is what i meant by intergrations. showing he forum posts and rank etc through CB and syncing them like FB does with CB kunena.uservoice.com/pages/general/sugge...-integration?lang=en

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
trew01 wrote:

ok thank you both very much so i have a question can i just upgrade over the existing fireboard or fresh install? I want all my settings kept the same and posts etc... any advice on this?

See www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=19&id=1280nolder for the installation guide.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds