Search Results (Searched for: spam)

24 Mar 2010 17:16
Please remember that users do not get email notifications from their own messages. There may be a few reasons why this is happening, and I do not believe that it's Kunena which is causing this:

1) Check if Subscriptions are allowed in Kunena configuration
2) Check if users email address is working -- it may be over quota (which means that he gets no emails until he cleans up his inbox/trash)
3) Check that your server / Kunena email address is not in a spam list of users email provider

And please perform my tests with your own email addresses. :)
16 Mar 2010 01:18
Replied by sozzled on topic Antispam and CAPTCHA
As a general comment, Kunena is not responsible for user account registration (nor user login, either). Therefore the setting that you referred to, Kunena's CAPTCHA-powered "Spam protection system", has nothing to do with your user registration problems. This setting only has a purpose if you allow anonymous, "guest" posting privileges on your forum.

What specific problems are your users encountering with account creation?
15 Mar 2010 20:56
I use Kunena forum on my webside and have a problem whit non-users getting registrated on my forum. On the configuration of the forum I hav marked yes to antispam and antibot CAPTCHA but that dosen't seem to make a diffrence. What can I do?
07 Mar 2010 04:33
Hey guys,

Something very interesting I ran into today. Not sure if it is a bug or just supposed to be like that but this is the situation.

On my forum I moderate the first posts people make. Now this catches all the spam mails, which is nice :) However when I want to delete these messages, I select them and click on the delete button. This gives me the dialog asking: Are you sure you want to delete this message? NOTE: There is no way to retrieve deleted messages. Then I get two buttons OK and Cancel. Previously I was using Firefox and I clicked OK and the messages were deleted. Now I use Google Chrome and clicking OK does nothing, however clicking Cancel deletes the messages :huh:

I found this very interesting to say the least :P
06 Mar 2010 04:23
OK. Thank you for posting the URL.

The first problem is that the menu item (entitled "Forum", on the right side of the page) links to a non-existent page. That's easily fixed. You need to change the menu type using the Joomla Menu Manager.

Your forum is located at 1026.tv/index.php?option=com_kunena

You have changed your Kunena configuration settings. Actually, I think you've messed them up. It would be much easier if you restored your Kunena settings to their original, default values and then make successive changes incrementally, one at a time. If you must change anything, please read Configuration Tips . ;)

You might also like to read Search engine optimization (SEO) to help improve the look of your URLs (as well as provide you with increased security against spambots.
05 Mar 2010 15:54
Replied by John on topic Open forum
Dat betekend wel dat niet geregistreerde bezoekers berichten kunnen achterlaten!

Ga naar je backend - Kunena Configuratie - Beveiliging - Publiek lezen/schrijven - verander naar Ja

Vergeet dan niet je Captcha aan te zetten In Beveiliging - Spam Preventie Systeem
04 Mar 2010 11:48 - 04 Mar 2010 12:10
Thanks for the reply sozzled. I did go through the forums here, and as well as looked at the other demo and live sites using Kunena and didn't find any hint of this type of issue.
It was only after a few days and when I couldn't find anything else about this issue, did I post this thread.

Here's the story:
- during development of the site, I created sample/dummy users directly and didn't notice anything out of place
- site went on-line and users started registering and noticed that the last member display was not updating
- after a few days, prompted by a number of spam registrations, I installed Joomlaxi Captcha and Multilingual Registration Approval to control this
- started searching for a fix and any explanation on the last member field as it was still not updating
- created a new dummy user from backend and after which confirmed the behaviour after some further testing
- after a few users noticing the same behaviour, decided to remove and replace all admin created users with front end created ones.

Not sure if the template extension has any bearing but I am using the Trip Navigator template from themza.

And as direct reply to your questions, my users register via the front end. Process in place is:
1. User clicks on "Create an account"
2. Fills in the appropriate fields and submits
3. They receive an email to activate their account
4. Admin steps into the back-end and unblocks their account
5. User is then able to log in and access all areas in the site
02 Mar 2010 04:36
Hallo,

ich habe immer wieder Spamer, die sich bei mir im Forum anmelden und dann irgendwelche Links posten. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, dass sich Benutzer nach der Registrierung erst von einem Moderator freischalten lassen müssen, bevor sie etwas schreiben können?
Gibt es auch die Möglichkeit, Links zu sperren?

Viele Grüße,
Daniel
25 Feb 2010 00:48
Something like this is how i would do the block user and delete buttons, mind you i didnt kinow it was already thought about for 1.6 ;)

25 Feb 2010 00:45
For Kunena 1.6 we are working on combining this with the custom search.

That way you can quickly filter on all messages by user, category, text, time, replies, .....

Hope to get delete (trash in Kunena 1.6) and move in there soon.
25 Feb 2010 00:25
Hi There
Your right there is those delete buttons, But we have a forum that is getting about 20 spams per day, they are signing up, then putting one post on many threads, so when we delete them out, we need to keep going to different threads to delete the message which takes ages.

If we could just select all and press delete, or even just press delete on the same page for each post, that would probably be enough.

The block user would be superb on the profile page, so moderators dont have to go into the back end.
25 Feb 2010 00:25
I do have a few suggestions. I will try to put them to you as best I can.

With all due respect, your requirement specification is a bit "woolly". I spent the past 10 minutes reading it and I'm not sure I understand (a) the problem or (b) how problem was caused and therefore (c) how to go about solving the problem.

So let's start with the problem: you have spam attacks; that little I understand. Are these attacks on a regular or infrequent basis. What kind of security to you currently have in place (user registration, forum view access, forum post access, review forum posts, SEF URLs)? Is your forum open to allow unregistered users with the ability to post messages? How easy is it for people to register as users? Why would people want to spam these sites? What are the specific challenges/hurdles facing administrator or the moderators of the forums? How do things operate at the present?

Then there's the cause of the problem: Are the attacks launched from a specific IP address or a country, for example? What monitoring have you put in place to examine the source of the attacks. Do you perform any real-time analysis or event log monitoring? How many attacks are occurring as a percentage of total postings? Do you screen new user registrations? If you are being flooded by spambots, have you implemented antiflooding controls and captcha, for example? What features do you currently lack to control the source of these attacks?

And now for the solution: you devoted most of your request writing about solutions. Make your solution specifications shorter, to the point. Place a number next to each solution requirement, together with a rating (high/low priority; mandatory/desirable, etc.), and explain the work your contractor has to perform, not how things operate at the present.

:)

By the way, some of the approaches you've suggested ware being considered for Kunena 1.6.
24 Feb 2010 23:59

What I would like is to have a buttons besides each of the posts when logged in as a superadmin that allows you to delete each post, also a button that allows you to block the users account in Joomla.

Hello,

on each message you have a button to delete the message, or you have checkbox with a drop down menu in recent discussions and in some others place, to delete multiple threads in the same time.

Where do you want a button to block the user ? in fronted/backend and in which place ?
24 Feb 2010 22:55
Hi this, is not a hack or feature request, as i am going to pay one of my amazing guys to do this, as it is driving me barking mad!!!! :D

This is what i have just sent him, can you think of anything else that would be needed or to improve this idea?

I have a few clients with kunena forums

You can see when your logged in, on the profile page is list of users posts and profile.

What I would like is to have a buttons besides each of the posts when logged in as a superadmin that allows you to delete each post, also a button that allows you to block the users account in Joomla.

What the clients are doing at the moment with spam attacks, is viewing all posts by the specific user, then deleting each one, one by one, and then going into the admin user manager, and blocking the user (not deleting them), so they can’t sign up again with the same email.

So a simple way to do this, would make life hugely easier.

If we could make it change one file in the system, and maybe then add another file with the extra code if needed, to make it as simple as possible to intergrate with just a 2 file hack that would be amazing. I will also post this on their forums, so anybody else can use this as well, to help others with the same problems.

Just let me know a price and time scale

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions before the work starts?
21 Feb 2010 21:04
Incidentally, RV2 (which has Kunena support) is usually only available on subscription (sorry - I am a sole developer and it has taken a lot of my time - version 1 is not subscription).

However, I'll be more than happy to give the Kunena developers a permanent subscription as a thanks for the great work. :)
Displaying 1651 - 1665 out of 1864 results.
Time to create page: 4.070 seconds