Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question K 1.5.9: New installation issues

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by CFCSW6
Hi i'm quite new, so please bear with me.. plzzzz

I have joomla 1.5.14
I have installed component Kunena 1.5.9 (no problem at all) : - )
(i have also placed a position for it on my frontpage,Tthats ok i'll move it later)

I tried to read many posts and F&A etc...but couldn't help me : -(

My problem i can't get nothing to show up anywhere.

1.I installed, haven't config' any settings.
2.I went Menu Item Manager, in Joomla, and made new item Kunena

Now i'm abit stuck on what to do next : -(

Once i can get it to show up, i'll be ok, i just need it to show somewhere (anywhere : -)

plz help, Many thanks indeed.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, CFCSW6, and welcome to the forum. Your problems do sound like things we've heard before. Perhaps it might make it easier for us to see what stage you're at if you posted the URL of your website.

There are a number of things that new users of Kunena can do for themselves. There is a lot information about Kunena and how to set it up in the documentation Wiki . Kunena is a Joomla extension that installs just like every other Joomla extension. After you have installed the Kunena component, you only need to create a Joomla menu item and Kunena should work immediately ... without having to do anything else! :woohoo: But, sometimes, things don't go according to plan - or users change something - and things don't work. :(

Before advising you further on what you might need to do next, it would be best to see where you're currently at. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

1°)At the end of kunena installation do you have seen the message : "successfull install" ?
2°) When you go into the kunena configuration panel, do you have any errors messages ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #4 by CFCSW6
Hi many thanks for your reply.

www.1026.tv is my 1st ever site i've ever done. And so far i've done everything by trail n error.

I haven't changed to config' settings. It said that installation was ok. (no error messages)

Noramally i set up a cat & a section, but i didn't really know what to do on this one.
As said, i did try hard to go through posts and wikkidocs etc etc.... but : -(

Thanks for the help!

ps, i did try and place into my forum button, as you can see, well in google chrome anyway www.1026.tv/index.php?tp=1
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by CFCSW6.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
OK. Thank you for posting the URL.

The first problem is that the menu item (entitled "Forum", on the right side of the page) links to a non-existent page. That's easily fixed. You need to change the menu type using the Joomla Menu Manager.

Your forum is located at 1026.tv/index.php?option=com_kunena

You have changed your Kunena configuration settings. Actually, I think you've messed them up. It would be much easier if you restored your Kunena settings to their original, default values and then make successive changes incrementally, one at a time. If you must change anything, please read Configuration Tips . ;)

You might also like to read Search engine optimization (SEO) to help improve the look of your URLs (as well as provide you with increased security against spambots.

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by CFCSW6
Hi agian, sooooo sorry to shout, but i must say THANKS THANKS THANKS !

All sorted... so happy ! I reset everything. And a big thanks for that config' page, shame I didn't see that before. Mmmmm

Many thanks again : - ) and again.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds