Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed by moderator - lack of interest; outdated version] Latest members wrong display

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by arnold122
I've encountered a strange behaviour in the "latest member" display in the stats area. At first it wasn't updating with the name of the member who just joined.
And after a few tests, I realized then that it was only picking up the name of the user which the admin created directly from the joomla backend and does not pick up the ones who registered themselves in the frontend.

I've decided to remove all admin created users so now the display shows nothing.
But in the meantime, it doesn't look good with that display there as a blank space.
Using 1.5.9
any ideas? thanks
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for your very intriguing question. You have asked your question as a Kunena support issue but, as this issue doesn't occur here at www.kunena.com nor at any websites where I installed Kunena, the question is what is different about your site compared with others. If this were a substantial design flaw with Kunena 1.5.9 I should imagine that there would be dozens or hundreds of questions on this subject. As it is, I haven't found anything (yet) that matches your specific problem.

Therefore I think we should try to identify the cause of the problem as opposed to concealing its effects, such as by deleting or removing users that you created as an administrator.

Let's start at the beginning. How do your users register with your website? What registration process have you put into place?
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #3 by arnold122
Thanks for the reply sozzled. I did go through the forums here, and as well as looked at the other demo and live sites using Kunena and didn't find any hint of this type of issue.
It was only after a few days and when I couldn't find anything else about this issue, did I post this thread.

Here's the story:
- during development of the site, I created sample/dummy users directly and didn't notice anything out of place
- site went on-line and users started registering and noticed that the last member display was not updating
- after a few days, prompted by a number of spam registrations, I installed Joomlaxi Captcha and Multilingual Registration Approval to control this
- started searching for a fix and any explanation on the last member field as it was still not updating
- created a new dummy user from backend and after which confirmed the behaviour after some further testing
- after a few users noticing the same behaviour, decided to remove and replace all admin created users with front end created ones.

Not sure if the template extension has any bearing but I am using the Trip Navigator template from themza.

And as direct reply to your questions, my users register via the front end. Process in place is:
1. User clicks on "Create an account"
2. Fills in the appropriate fields and submits
3. They receive an email to activate their account
4. Admin steps into the back-end and unblocks their account
5. User is then able to log in and access all areas in the site
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by arnold122.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
So, in your case you are not using Community Builder or JomSocial for user registrations? Is that correct?

Your Themza site template unlikely to have an impact on this issue.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #5 by arnold122
Nope, am not using Community Builder nor JomSocial

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you. This eliminates a lot of the results I found in searching your situation.

Are your users able to automatically register themselves, or do they require your approval to register? If your users automatically register themselves, have any of them demonstrated that they are able to use Kunena by actually contributing to your discussions?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #7 by arnold122
They require admin approval before they can actually log in, even if they activated their account via the email link. Without approval, they will get this message when they try to log in:
"Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Did you not get an activation e-mail and follow the validation link?"
So far no one has mentioned anything. I just tried as well with a new account registered in the front end and the above message appears and contributions to the board is not accessible.
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by arnold122.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
OK. The question now is, have you actually approved those requests for registration and have the users activated their accounts and have they successfully posted anything to your Kunena forum? :dry:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #9 by arnold122
Yes on both counts: I have approved those requests for registration and they have successfully posted their threads in the forum.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
Thank you. This also confirms that the user registration procedures are working. The next question is, if you look at the Kunena User Administration panel in the backend, are those users listed there?

Time to create page: 1.018 seconds