Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Idea phpBB 3 to Kunena 3 Migration Script

More
9 years 1 month ago #61 by Tiago
With the updated script...
Code:
Erro Comando SQL: DELIMITER; DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS armada_oldforum.fix_tags; DELIMITER $$ CREATE FUNCTION armada_oldforum.fix_tags(msg text) RETURNS text DETERMINISTIC BEGIN IF(msg LIKE '%<a%>%</a>%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_url(msg); END IF; IF(msg LIKE '%[code%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_tag(msg, 'code'); END IF; IF(msg LIKE '%[b%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_tag(msg, 'b'); END IF; IF(msg LIKE '%[img%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_tag(msg, 'img'); END IF; IF(msg LIKE '%[quote%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_tag(msg, 'quote'); END IF; RETURN msg; END; $$ Mensagens do MySQL : Documentação #1304 - FUNCTION fix_tags already exists

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #62 by binod
How are you using this script? Online on phpMyAdmin or locally?

Please follow my open source projects MixERP Project and phpBB to Kunena Migration Script on Github.

More
9 years 1 month ago #63 by Tiago

binod wrote: How are you using this script? Online on phpMyAdmin or locally?

Online on phpMyAdmin...
Copy the code, paste on SQL and run.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #64 by binod
As I have said earlier (please read this long forum once again), phpMyAdmin would not be a great fit for this tool. So I suggest you to:

1. download the dump of your phpBB3 database and restore that on your workstation.
2. Create a new Joomla installation or restore your existing joomla installation locally. Also, you will have to have the Kunena component installed first.
3. Downalod Toad for MySQL freeware.
4. Connect to your database server from Toad.
5. Run the script.
6. Restore your phpBB3 Kunena migrated forum to your actual webserver.

I am giving up this topic since it has become huge, difficult to understand for a person who came here via search engines. I would want you to ask questions here, because it is the official forum of PhpBB to Kunena Migration Script.

mixerp.org/forum

Please follow my open source projects MixERP Project and phpBB to Kunena Migration Script on Github.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by binod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiago

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #65 by Tiago
I tryed with TOAD.
But now when I try to upload and import on the server I get this:

#1227 - Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

*I used the export option on the local phpMyAdmin to export the databse
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Tiago.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #66 by Marvin McDuck

binod wrote: Hi,

Can you provide me your database so I that I fully understand what the problem is? Since the scope of problem of this problem might be out of my domain, I cannot guarantee I will be able to solve this problem.

Binod, who is a Prince amongst Men, has looked at my problem, retraced my steps, edited my script and got it to work, noticed the same problem... And then realized :blush: it was my own stupid fault all along:

By default, Kunena's Search only displays messages less than a year old, and there were so few of them (as I'm working with an old SQL dump) that the outputs were haphazard-looking and I didn't notice the pattern. (And indeed, new messages would consistently turn up in results.)

So it's a matter for me just to edit the Search field and change the default, and/or write some warning next to the button.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67 by binod
Glad I could help. :cheer:

And thanks for the kind words.

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #68 by ChrisCW
I'm new to this, but is there meant to be a space after DELIMITER

So DELIMITER ;

Not

DELIMITER;

Tiago wrote: With the updated script...

Code:
Erro Comando SQL: DELIMITER; DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS armada_oldforum.fix_tags; DELIMITER $$ CREATE FUNCTION armada_oldforum.fix_tags(msg text) RETURNS text DETERMINISTIC BEGIN IF(msg LIKE '%<a%>%</a>%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_url(msg); END IF; IF(msg LIKE '%[code%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_tag(msg, 'code'); END IF; IF(msg LIKE '%[b%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_tag(msg, 'b'); END IF; IF(msg LIKE '%[img%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_tag(msg, 'img'); END IF; IF(msg LIKE '%[quote%') THEN SET msg = armada_oldforum.fix_tag(msg, 'quote'); END IF; RETURN msg; END; $$ Mensagens do MySQL : Documentação #1304 - FUNCTION fix_tags already exists

After that change the script ran to the next stage for but then I received further errors, including the fix tags mentioned above (what is the tags in phpbb.com?)

I removed the reference to tags just to see what happens then I get this (changed my info);
Code:
DELETE FROM dbname.jos_kunena_categories; DELETE FROM dbname.jos_kunena_attachments; #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DELETE FROM dbname.jos_kunena_attachments' at line 3

I too was using PhpMyAdmin which is where I must be going wrong so wont make any progress? I've never done anything 'locally' so I'm struggling to get my head round it all since I'm starting from scratch
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by ChrisCW.

More
8 years 11 months ago #69 by calebelt
Hi Binod! Help me please!
I did everything according to your instructions.
1. download the dump of your phpBB3 database and restore that on your workstation.
2. Create a new Joomla installation or restore your existing joomla installation locally. Also, you will have to have the Kunena component installed first.
3. Downalod Toad for MySQL freeware.
4. Connect to your database server from Toad.
4.1 Rename phpbb_database_name, joomla_database_name, jos_.
4.2 Rename phpbb_ to phpbb3_.
4.3 RETURNS text CHARSET latin1 -> RETURNS text CHARSET utf8
5. Run the script.

I see an error:
Lookup Error - MySQL Database Error: Duplicate entry '--ultima-online-inceptum' for key 'alias'
INSERT INTO lnigrouse_uogames.gtOfd_kunena_aliases(alias, type, item, state) SELECT alias, 'catid', id, 0 FROM lnigrouse_uogames.gtOfd_kunena_categories

6. Restore your phpBB3 Kunena migrated forum to your actual webserver.
Open a message in the forum is not possible. For example: uogames.ru/joo/component/kunena/-uogames...hast-obnovleniya-045 - access is denied.
Link to forum: uogames.ru/joo/forum

I attach a file with the log.

File Attachment:

File Name: Untitled1M...0208.txt
File Size:54 KB
Attachments:

More
8 years 4 months ago #70 by Mangaku
An other issue.
On my PHPBB, i have users ID, like 157,158,159,161,162,165,178, etc...
There is some 'blank', like ID 160.

The script stuck cause of that.
Any idea ?

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds