Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved Migrating from Ninjaboard to Kunena

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by OSTSupport
Hi everyone,

We're trying to migrate from Ninjaboard 1.1 to Kunena 2.0. I checked out your documentation and searched your site, however I couldn't find any recent relevant information other than that it's planned in Kunena 2. Is there any recent development on a migrator for Ninjaboard to Kunena?

We have a very skilled developer on our team and we'd like to collaborate with Kunena's efforts in order to minimize our work, contribute to Kunena, and help out others with the same issue.

Kind regards,
Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Nick, and welcome to Kunena.

I suggest you advise your developer to look at GitHub for the Kunena project.

Here is the address: github.com/Kunena/com_kunenaimporter

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by OSTSupport
Hi Sozzled,

Sorry I forgot to leave a reply on this. Thanks a lot! That helped a lot and we successfully migrated to Kunena :)

Cheers,
Nick

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #4 by brunog916
Hi all,

I went through this topic as I'm trying to migrate Ninjaboard to Kunena as well. This is mandatory in order to migrate my site to Joomla 3.3

I tried the standard Kunena importer, but it did not work (as reported by another user in this forum, www.kunena.org/forum/migrate-to-kunena/1...-0-3-to-kunena-2-0-4 )

As I read this post, I expected to find some OST changes in a github forks, but I did not find nothing. The code is the same as the packed Kunena Importer.

I modified a bit the ninjaboard importer (that is indeed marked as "experimental", so I expected some issues to arise) and uploaded on my fork in github.

Just a few changes improved a lot the importer, I hope it could help people in migrate from the dead Ninjaboard, which currently hold users to old joomla versions

Regards,

Bruno
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by brunog916.

More
9 years 9 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

I think you can share your code (give the link of your github repo) to help others users to migrate

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 9 months ago #6 by brunog916

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #7 by volksman3
Please could you post instructions on how to use this?

Regards

Tony
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by volksman3.

More
9 years 8 months ago #8 by brunog916

volksman3 wrote: Please could you post instructions on how to use this?

Hi Tony,

unfortunately I wrote a guide in Italian and I think I'll not translate it in English... you can find it here:

www.joomla.it/e-ancora/articoli-communit...aboard-a-kunena.html

Ciao

Bruno

More
9 years 4 months ago #9 by Kureraa
I don't recommend to migrate from Ninjaboard 1.1 to Kunena 2.0 I did it by joomal extension and I lost all topics :(

More
9 years 4 months ago #10 by brunog916

I don't recommend to migrate from Ninjaboard 1.1 to Kunena 2.0 I did it by joomal extension and I lost all topics

Migration is not a simple task. Did you read carefully this topic? Did you backup your db before trying?

Migrating is mandatory as it is not possibile anymore to use a joomla 1.5 website

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds