Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Migrating from Ninjaboard 2.0.3 to Kunena 2.0.4

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #1 by ProgenOnline
I am having a problem getting all of my topics to show up after trying to ditch the now dead Ninjaboard Forums, and convert to Kunena. I run a guild website for my friends and I and was taken in by Ninjaboards "Chameleon" technology. Its working fine but as we use it more, we noticed that there were many things missing that we all wanted.

I go to the Ninjaboard site only to notice a post from the developers themselves saying that they have put off development of Ninjaboard until further notice, which was posted in Aug. 2012. So now im stuck with a dead forum.

I want to migrate my forums to kunena but since there is no current Kunena Importer for 2.0.4, ive had to do a round about way of trying to get it to work. So here are my steps that leads me to my problem:

1. I install Kunena 1.7 as the only working kunena importer works on that version
2. I install the Kunena Importer and run it. I truncate the tables using the truncate button. I then receive and Error associated with user subscriptions, and some errors saying "Copy Failed", but when i load my forums about 80% of our forum posts are there. Several are missing the thread creator, but no idea how to fix that.
3. I then install and upgrade Kunena 2.0.4 and get the green light across the board. I then load my forums and out of the 25 threads, only 3 are listed. All other posts are gone.

I am not sure exactly where to start fixing the problem, perhaps fix in 1.7, then fix 1.7-2.0.4 errors, but i know i do need some help from much more experienced men/women than I.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as all i want to do is ditch Ninjaboard and get to Kunena!

::Update::

I noticed that if i go to the front end of my forums and click on my user profile, it lists my missing posts as in Category "Top Level", which i dont have a category defined as "Top Level". Hope this helps diagnose whats wrong, not sure how to change it.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by ProgenOnline.
The topic has been locked.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds