Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Idea [New Feature] Add Additional Fields

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by ssh
When making a new post, Kunena (And all others forum platform), only give you the option to write a subject and a message.

It will be great to include more optional fields (Customized within backed)
To find specific content within the forum more easier and Filter content by these fields

By doing this, Kunena can not only work as a forum platform, but classifieds platform too.
People thinking in make new classifieds site can consider kunena as an option
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ssh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh, ChaosHead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Josh
This is a really great idea! :cheer: It would also enable many other great possibilities such as using Kunena for meeting up with people for events and other real life applications. A field example could be a city name, when someone uses the advanced search they could find events within their own city. Time would be another great custom field. B)

This is one of the coolest ideas for Kunena I've seen and has my full support. If there is interest in this I would gladly create a mockup of what I believe to be the best practices and placements to make the idea flow smoother if it gains traction.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3 by xpozay
+1 Actually I have wanted this for a long time, basically this could be simple tagging and/or providing a taxonomy, or as above as customised fields for filtering. I was hoping that K4 would finally give us this. You can find similar requests dating back 5 years or so ....
- www.kunena.org/forum/feature-requests-ar...-kunena?limitstart=0
- www.kunena.org/forum/k-1-6-and-k-1-7-mis...ve/95439-kunena-tags
- www.kunena.org/forum/206-K-10-and-K-15-m...ords-hack-for-kunena

Other forums have already started implementing this. IMO this is really essential for large scale forums that are used to capture knowledge and is similar to the comparison of google vs yahoo ie search vs browse and drill or the problem that the JED is having now - not everything is search. The browse metaphor has numerous advantages depending on the situation.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by xpozay.

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds