Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena Tags

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by xpozay
Kunena Tags was created by xpozay
I wish to create a plugin that allows me to add tags to kunena discussions posts. For these I have a few questions:

1) I need to have a tag management / configuration, is Kunena developed such that I can drop in new icons on the kunena dashboard, or should I create my own component for this?

2) Adding tags to posts means that I need to store those tags against the message. Should I create a separate table which links messages to tags? Or would I create a new field in the existing kunena tables?

3) The existing kunena search engine searches across the subject, the message, or both. Can this be extended to search across tags without hacking the code?

4) The existing kunena search engine brings back results which include the original post and replies if the search phrase is included to both the original post and the reply. Can this engine be extended to only show the original post, replies or both which hacking the code.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Kunena Tags
Hello,

Kunena 2.0 has already this feature, you can add some tags for each topic. Why do you mean by tag management/configuration ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by Mizunga
Replied by Mizunga on topic Re: Kunena Tags
When will be ready Kunena 2.0?

WordPress Development and Kunena templates.

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Kunena Tags
The project team is trying to have a K 2.0 beta available as soon as is humanly possible. If you are really enthusiastic about wanting to help build K 2.0, and you're not afraid of doing a lot of testing and providing timely feedback, then you might be interested in joining the official Kunena Testers Group .

After K 2.0 beta has been tested, there will probably be a "release candidate" phase before it is released as a stable public release. Timeframe? Within the next 3 months, I expect, possibly sooner - depends on availability of resources and whatever else is going on at the time. :whistle:

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by xpozay
Replied by xpozay on topic Re: Kunena Tags
Wow. This is fantastic news :)

When I commented on a thread last year, it didn't gain any feedback
www.kunena.org/forum/119-feature-requests/20831-tags-for-kunena

And when the previous tag hack died, I was beginning to wonder why my needs where so unique. So much so, that I was just about to list on freelancer.com, a project to build a plugin to do this. Now I guess I place my effort into testing the beta for this feature.

@xillbit I don't believe end users will be so diligent when it comes to tagging. I think given them the option (perhaps admin configurable) to add tags is OK, but I think the forum moderator should be given a simple pop-up interface to add tags. Tags, could be newly created at the time and/or managed through the backend configuration.

I have already done up some simple screenshots of how I thought it should work, if you would like. As said, I was going to post on freelancer - literally this weekend.

Note: Pls pls see how we can address the search results associated with this. Bringing back a thousand posts with 80% of them being replies is a nightmare and effectively kills the use of searching. It would be much better to give the user the option of only showing the the 1st post or with the replies. And once tags are implemented we should be able to search just across the tags and not the body of the content.

@sozzled... will be clicking through to your testers group to see if I can divert my effort from the custom project to help with the beta instead.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by xpozay
Replied by xpozay on topic Re: Kunena Tags
OK. requested to join the beta testers group... now hope in waiting with me fingers crossed :)

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds