Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question wysiwyg editor bbcode (responsive)

More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by ruud
For me one of the most annoying things is using bbcode. there is a steep learning curve in using it and things like making a multilevel list is something I will never get good at: *very* frustrating...

I know that using the default joomla wysiwyg editor is difficult to implement, but just now I came across this open source project... thanks to @studio42

amazing!!!

www.wysibb.com/

sharing = caring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Josh
It's under 100kb and is so far my favorite BBcode editor. I've known about it for a while now. B) Indeed it would be nice to see Kunena swap to a BBeditor such as WysiBB.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by ruud
and... you can skip / delete the [preview] code / window / functionality :)

sharing = caring

More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by ruud
and, the current implementation is not fully responsive so needs some work:

sharing = caring
Attachments:

More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by Josh
It's not actually the editor's fault that it's not responsive. Using Firebug I deleted most of the elements and got it to collapse just right:

We just need to figure out what page element is not fully responsive and make it responsive to fix this issue.
Attachments:

More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by ruud
I know, what I was trying to say was: instead of putting time in fixing the current implementation, it is maybe better to invest that time in the wysibb one :)

sharing = caring

More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by Josh
I'm still totally in favor for the BBcode editor mentioned above, however I did come up with a fix for the responsive issue. It turns out that a small snippet of code was messing with the responsiveness.

In /templates/protostar/css/template.css on line 4215 the .label, .badge selector has a white-space: nowrap; which makes the text element unresponsive. Here's a fix I made:
Code:
#kunena .label, #kunena .badge { white-space: normal !important; }

Considering that Kunena does not have any access to the Protostar template, I believe this minor mod is 100% acceptable and only affects Kunena objects.

More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by 810
The basics of the plugin is good.

But then we need to rewrite everything to use extra features, like twitter, ebay, emoticons, ect.

We don't include this in K4.0 maybe the next version.

More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by Josh
@810 Did you see the minor fix in my post (just above yours) that fixes the responsive layout of the editor?

More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by 810
yes, i have fixed it, thank you

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds