Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Discuss Error: Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item

More
3 years 1 week ago #11 by xillibit
I have tried to reproduce it on a test system but i'am not able for now ,can-you please make a sreenshot of all settings of the discuss plugin ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #12 by Sokrates
I´m sorry for the delay coming back to you. I didn't notice you reply when it came on the second page, neither did I get an email showing there was a reply. I've marked the checkbox: "Subscribe - Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic.". I think there might be an issue with this subscription.

Here are the screen dumps:

Category Mapping: 
9,43;65,43;66,43;67,43;73,43;180,43;193,43;200,43;345,43;62,51;46,51;48,51;56,51;199,51;202,51;11,38;68,38;69,38;70,38;181,38;194,38;201,38;344,38;74,38;63,52;47,52;49,52;57,52;198,52;203,52;12,8;72,8;13,9;71,9;39,117;177,121;191,119;192,118
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Sokrates.

More
3 years 1 week ago #13 by rich
I've tested it with this setting, but can't reproduce this error.
But I see in your configuration report wrong configured menu items. This can be leads to mistakes. Also, Kunena Latest has problems if menu items are wrong configured.
You run a multilingual website, so it is especially important that the menus are in order. The menu items marked in red must be changed to Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias ( see here ).

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #14 by Sokrates

I've tested it with this setting, but can't reproduce this error.
But I see in your configuration report wrong configured menu items. This can be leads to mistakes. Also, Kunena Latest has problems if menu items are wrong configured.
You run a multilingual website, so it is especially important that the menus are in order. The menu items marked in red must be changed to Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias ( see here ).

Thanks for informing me about the issue I had with wrongly configured menu items, which I was not aware of. I think I've got it corrected now :) But it did not solve the issue with Kunena Discuss :(

I attache an updated configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 512M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.3 | creationdate: 2021-03-07

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.3 | 2021-03-07 [ Jason ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.2.1

Modules: None

I just thought about that I still have the original Kunena Menu where all menu items are unpublished, besides the published Kunena menus for the English and Spanish language versions. The unpublished original Kunena menus are shown as "kunenamenu" in the configuration report above. Maybe I should trash those unpublished Kunena menus and empty the trash too.
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Sokrates.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #15 by rich
I think I discovered the bug and was able to reproduce it. The conflict arises because the same destinations are called with different URLs.
I didn't notice the bug immediately but saw it as I've visited your page.

en/forum-foro/english-forum
es/foro-forum/foro-de-ingles
both URLs goes to the category with ID 31

es/foro-forum
es/foro-forum/foro-de-espanol
both URLs goes to the category with ID 31

Solution:
1. Fix the landing pages first as you have linked them to yourself. docs.kunena.org/en/faq/kunena-menu

The two menus (en and es) are separate menus, so these two menu items should theoretically be of the Alias type. However, this does not work within the menu items "en" and "es".

Solution:
Edit these two menu items and choose System-Links -> URL
Enter the URL en/forum-foro to the Spanish menu item
and to the English menu item es/foro-forum

If all menu items are correct, the error should be gone.
Hint: Create a database backup before, so you can undo everything if a mistake happens.
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by rich.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 6 days ago #16 by Sokrates
Thanks for your help. I'm working on the suggested changes.

When I set menu alias for english-forum, spanish-forum, foro-de-espanol och foro-de-ingles, then the following error meassage is shown instead of the Kunena menu:

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Menu: Unsupported operand types. Please enable debug mode for more information.

The configuration is then:

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 512M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.3 | creationdate: 2021-03-07

Kunena template params:

I have now disable those menus (english-forum, spanish-forum, foro-de-espanol och foro-de-ingles) to get rid of the error message.
Unfortunately, the issue with Kunena Diskuss has not changed :(
Last edit: 3 years 6 days ago by Sokrates.

More
3 years 6 days ago #17 by Sokrates
It didn't look good to link Forum/Foro at the main menu to forum-foro/foro-forum, so I changed english-forum, spanish-forum, foro-de-espanol och foro-de-ingles from being linked alias to specific Kunena category. By linking alias from the main menu to english-forum/foro-de-espanol, then the logic is better for the users.

This is what the configurations look like after these changes:

Kunena menu details:

Kunena template params:

The issue with Kunena Discuss is still there :(

More
3 years 6 days ago - 3 years 6 days ago #18 by rich

The issue with Kunena Discuss is still there

You have the same error as at the beginning. Go to your page and click on top the Spanish flag, then on Foro.
Now click on the tab Foro the ingles, and you see that's not work.

When I set menu alias for english-forum, spanish-forum, foro-de-espanol och foro-de-ingles, then the following error meassage is shown instead of the Kunena menu:

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Menu: Unsupported operand types. Please enable debug mode for more information.
Therefore, I had written:

The two menus (en and es) are separate menus, so these two menu items should theoretically be of the Alias type. However, this does not work within the menu items "en" and "es".

Solution:
Edit these two menu items and choose System-Links -> URL
Enter these short URLs en/forum-foro to the Spanish menu item
and to the English menu item es/foro-forum

Last edit: 3 years 6 days ago by rich.

More
3 years 6 days ago - 3 years 6 days ago #19 by Sokrates
I'm sorry for not have understood your instruction. Hopefully, I got it this time :)
I've changed to System-Links -> URL:
  • Spanish Forum (English Kunena Menu) URL: es/foro-forum
  • Foro de ingles (Spanish Kunena Menu) URL: en/forum-foro
Unfortunately, the issue with Kunena Discuss has not been solved :(

Furthermore, with this change toggling between the languages with the language flags does not work after this change, because one can't set associations when using system-Links->URL.

Kunena menu details:

Kunena template params:

Last edit: 3 years 6 days ago by Sokrates.

More
3 years 6 days ago - 3 years 5 days ago #20 by Sokrates
I've realized that in my earlier configuration post, before I made the above changes,then the Foro de ingles did point to the wrong category. It should have pointed to catid=32, instead of catid=31.

Since the System-Links->URLs didn't solve the issue with Kunena Discuss and this change messed up with the toggling between the languages, I reversed it back again and to correct the issue with the configuration I had seen, to see if it made any difference. Unfortunately, this didn't solve the Kunena Discuss issue either :(

Please let me know if you want me to change back to what you suggested for you to see its behavior.

Kunena menu details:

Kunena template params:

Last edit: 3 years 5 days ago by Sokrates.

Time to create page: 0.864 seconds