Kunena 5.2.6 released and Blue eagle 1.6.6 released (25 Jul 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.6 [K 5.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.6

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Discuss Error: Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #21 by rich

Furthermore, with this change toggling between the languages with the language flags does not work after this change, because one can't set associations when using system-Links->URL.

You don't need associations on this menu item. I'ts the same as when you click on these links. The association is correct.
terrazas-del-rodeo.com/es/foro-forum/
or
terrazas-del-rodeo.com/en/forum-foro/

Please let me know if you want me to change back to what you suggested for you to see its behavior.

I'm sorry, but these two menu items must be changed (as sugested), because these identical menu items must not be present in both menus. Your webpage is extremely slow, maybe this occurs by these wrong redirects.

I've adjusted my test page for you. It's indifferent if you switch with the flags or with the menu items, it always shows all menu items as well the content with the correct language. You can test it here: www.rich20.at/zwei_28321987-87234567-984...6743-776599/en/forum

In the picture you can see my menu settings.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #22 by Sokrates

I'm sorry, but these two menu items must be changed (as sugested), because these identical menu items must not be present in both menus.

I've adjusted my test page for you. It's indifferent if you switch with the flags or with the menu items, it always shows all menu items as well the content with the correct language. You can test it here: www.rich20.at/zwei_28321987-87234567-984...6743-776599/en/forum

In the picture you can see my menu settings.

Thanks for not giving up on me yet Rich :)

I've been looking at your test site and its configuration. Since I didn't have the Index in the menu and not the Category explicitly either, then I've now added them to my menus so they are more like yours. The Category List of Index is pointing to my Top Level.

Your Index seems to function different from mine. I don't know if this depends on differences in the structure of the Categories, or something else.

I've got the following four sections in the Categories of Kunena:
  • Foro (Español)
  • Forum (English)
  • Comentarios de Artículos
  • Comments of Articles
Index shows all the Categories in these Sections. Category shows only one of the Sections.

Unfortunately, I still have the same issue with Kunena Discuss, even when my menus are similar to yours :(

Here is the configuration report showing what it looks like at the moment:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 512M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.3 | creationdate: 2021-03-07

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.3 | 2021-03-07 [ Jason ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.2.1

Modules: None

Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Sokrates.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #23 by Sokrates
I've decided to change /es/foro-forum/ to /es/foro/ and /en/forum-foro/ to /en/forum/ to make the URLs look better. It won't have any impact on the functionality.

Here is the configuration report after these cosmetic changes:

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 512M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.3 | creationdate: 2021-03-07

Kunena template params:

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #24 by rich
Everything seems to be correct now, except of the index.

I've decided to change /es/foro-forum/ to /es/foro/ and /en/forum-foro/ to /en/forum/ to make the URLs look better. It won't have any impact on the functionality.

Yes, it's indifferent, you can use what looks better for you.

I'm sorry, but I was not fit yesterday and forgot to write, in your case you need only either the index or the menu item to the category, because this shows the same content. I had published both, so you can see the difference between the menu types Category List and Show Category. With the category list you have at bottom the member list and statistics.
You can use the menu item that you like better (but also both).

You see both forums on the index page because the menu items have the wrong ID. On both menu items (en and es) are index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&layout=list&catid=0
Must be as on the image. If Joomla the correct ID not accepted, you must empty the cache before assignment.

If the discuss error is still there after that, move the original (deactivated) Kunena menu to the trash before you remove it permanently. Empty the cache and check if the error is gone.
Attachments:

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #25 by Sokrates

Everything seems to be correct now, except of the index.

I'm sorry, but I was not fit yesterday and forgot to write, in your case you need only either the index or the menu item to the category, because this shows the same content. I had published both, so you can see the difference between the menu types Category List and Show Category. With the category list you have at bottom the member list and statistics.
You can use the menu item that you like better (but also both).

You see both forums on the index page because the menu items have the wrong ID. On both menu items (en and es) are index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&layout=list&catid=0
Must be as on the image. If Joomla the correct ID not accepted, you must empty the cache before assignment.

If the discuss error is still there after that, move the original (deactivated) Kunena menu to the trash before you remove it permanently. Empty the cache and check if the error is gone.

Thanks rich, I hope you fell better.

Now I understand the difference between Category List (Index) and Show Category (Category). I've changed so the Category List is pointing to the Forum of each languages, instead to the Top Level.

To start with, I've chosen to just have index/indice as Hidden, and use category/categoria. I've changed their menu titles, but keep their alias unchanged, to make the menus more user friendly.

The Kunena Discuss error is still there.

I've trashed the unpublished original Kunena menus and emptied the cache, but it didn't make any difference.

I've even tried to move the two Sections containing the comments of the articles to their corresponding forums, but it didn't make any difference so I moved them back to become separate Sections again.

Another thought is, if any mistake in the Category Mapping in the Kunena Discuss extension could be the reason for the error. It's a long shot since it works to make a comment, which gets stored in its category in the forum, but it doesn't hurt to double-check.

If the error is persistent, then maybe another extension that I've installed could cause a conflict with Kunena Discuss. I've experienced this with another extension before. Then it was easier to find the extension that caused the problem since I then had a good idea of in which time period the extension must had been installed. Now I have to go through more extensions to see if any of them cause the error.

Even though the issue with Kunena Discuss still is unsolved. The good thing is that I got sorted issues I had with the Kunena menus, which I was unaware of :)

Here is the latest configuration report:

P.S. I've disabled the index/indice after I generated the configuration report when I saw that Category List and the Show Category pointed to the same category.

Kunena menu details:

Kunena template params:

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #26 by rich

P.S. I've disabled the index/indice after I generated the configuration report when I saw that Category List and the Show Category pointed to the same category.

Yes, because you don't need two menu items to the same content. It is a matter of taste which of the two you use.

Another thought is, if any mistake in the Category Mapping in the Kunena Discuss extension could be the reason for the error.

It would be possible, but it would be difficult to find.
What happens, if you set in the Joomla Global Configuration (tab) Server "Error Reporting = Default" or "Error Reporting = None"?
Will the error nevertheless displayed?

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #27 by Sokrates

Another thought is, if any mistake in the Category Mapping in the Kunena Discuss extension could be the reason for the error.

It would be possible, but it would be difficult to find.
What happens, if you set in the Joomla Global Configuration (tab) Server "Error Reporting = Default" or "Error Reporting = None"?
Will the error nevertheless displayed?

Maybe, I could just copy and save the Category Mapping in the Kunena Discuss extension and temporary replace it with only the values for the article in question with comments.

Just checked the behavior of different setting for Joomla Error Reporting.. It's indifferent if if the Server "Error Reporting" is set to "Default" or "None". The error message is the same.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #28 by Sokrates

Maybe, I could just copy and save the Category Mapping in the Kunena Discuss extension and temporary replace it with only the values for the article in question with comments.

I've just temporary replaced the Category mapping with only those categories where I've got comments written (News and Noticias), but it didn't make any difference. Before pasting back the old string of Category Mapping, I also doubled checked it and there were no errors in the string. The rendering problem is still there :(

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #29 by OliviaParcker
discard, please, the link is not displayed for me again

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #30 by rich
Is this account still activated so that I can see the error?
www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-discuss-p/15...-item?start=0#216999

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.999 seconds