Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [SOLVED] Kunena discuss - You don't have rights to publish in that page

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #162460 by guidocx84

Mortti wrote: Check first these settings of your settings... screencast.com/t/R4wyzSSpHWS


Hi Mortti! Thanks for your answer.

What I don't understand is why the debug that I see when I connect an article of my Joomla category to a topic of my Kunena forum created when it was Fireboard is like this:

[KunenaDiscuss debug: Constructor called in com_content ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: createTable: Check if plugin table exists. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Deny: There is no default Kunena category ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in article/ page. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 59 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic 63 found. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Loading Custom Topic 63 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Displaying only link to the topic ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 59 ]


while, if I connect an article of my Joomla category to a topic of my Kunena forum created after migration from Fireboard to Kunena is like this:

[KunenaDiscuss debug: Constructor called in com_content ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: createTable: Check if plugin table exists. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Deny: There is no default Kunena category ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in article/ page. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 650 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic 15417 found. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Loading Custom Topic 15417 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Category said Non hai il permesso di accedere a questa pagina. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 650 ]


"I don't have rights to enter to that page"... what it means?

I need to connect some articles with {kunena_discuss:#} code to some custom topics but it works only for topics created when the forum is Fireboard (first debug code).
In that case, I have a situation like the one showed here (the link to the topic from the article and the counter of how many posts it has):



I try to "play" with the configuration that you linked me but I don't want to create automatically new topic for all my articles and I don't want the form ([KunenaDiscuss debug: showForm: Rendering form ]). I need the link and only for specific articles that I select and in which I'll put the code.

May you help me to find a solution? Keep in mind the strange behavior: with topics opened when I had Fireboard, Kunena Discuss plugin works like a charm. With topics opened from the day when I migrated Fireboard to Kunena, the plugin didn't work anymore.

Thank you so much! ;)
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by guidocx84.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #162465 by rich
I've tested but I can not reproduce this error. All your settings seem to be correct.
Please try followings:
First go in backend to "Extensions > Extension Manager > Database" and check if it's correct. If not, then click on the Fix button.
Then go in backend to "Kunena > Forum Tools" synchronize the users and count all statistics new. Maybe it helps.

Addition:
Empty also the Joomla cache.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by rich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #162474 by guidocx84

rich wrote: I've tested but I can not reproduce this error. All your settings seem to be correct.
Please try followings:
First go in backend to "Extensions > Extension Manager > Database" and check if it's correct. If not, then click on the Fix button.
Then go in backend to "Kunena > Forum Tools" synchronize the users and count all statistics new. Maybe it helps.

Addition:
Empty also the Joomla cache.


Hi rich! Thank you for your help.

I tried... but nothing... the problem remains.

I really don't understand why the custom topic feature of this plugin works only for topic opened when Fireboard was installed.
Since I upgraded to Kunena they still works but all new topic opened on Kunena never worked...

I also try to take the kunena discuss custom topic code of an old Joomla article and copy it into an article that has a code that not works because it's linked to a brand new Kunena topic. And it works. The new Joomla article link correctly to an old Fireboard topic.

So the problem is not the Joomla article or the Joomla category or the Joomla rights... there is something wrong between the plugin and the Kunena categories and topics. :( :( :(


Addition:

This is the piece of code of Kunena Plugin that generates the debug error:
Code:
// If current user doesn't have authorisation to read category, we are done $category = KunenaForumCategoryHelper::get($catid); if (!$category->authorise('read')) { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Category {$catid} said {$category->getError()}" ); return ''; }
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by guidocx84. Reason: Addition of kunena plugin code that generates the error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #162475 by guidocx84
I put two echo "checkpoint" before and after the check of the topic ID and I found that the second checkpoint is never showed. So the first condition fails and that's why I see the "Let's see what we can do.." message that is in the else condition. And after the "Category said" error message...
but why the plugin didn't find the topic ID? Maybe the SQL query is looking in a wrong table?
Code:
echo 'CHECKPOINT'; if ( $topic->exists() ) { echo 'CHECKPOINT2'; // If current user doesn't have authorisation to read existing topic, we are done if ($id && !$topic->authorise('read')) { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Topic said {$topic->getError()}" ); return ''; } $category = $topic->getCategory(); } else { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.." ); // If current user doesn't have authorisation to read category, we are done $category = KunenaForumCategoryHelper::get($catid); if (!$category->authorise('read')) { $this->debug ( " {$Categorycatid} said {$category->getError()}" ); return ''; }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #162476 by guidocx84
OK! I understand which is the problem!

When I put the {kunena_plugin:#} code in my Joomla articles, where '#' is the topic id, I went to my Fireboard topics and see the number of the opening post of the topic that I wanted to connect (the red squadred in the image).



And kunena discuss plugin works like a charm.

Then I migrate from Fireboard to Kunena, and I continued doing the same. But it didn't works.

So, today, I try to launch some SQL query into _kunena_user_topics table.

I found that SELECT * FROM `g3sau_kunena_user_topics` WHERE topic_id='15417' give me zero results.

So I went to see the last post of that topic and I saw that the number in the top-right corner is 15602. So I launched a new SQL query: SELECT * FROM `g3sau_kunena_user_topics` WHERE last_post_id='15602'

And I found that the topic_id is 10920!

So I went to my joomla article and I replace {kunena_discuss:15417} with {kunena_discuss:10920} and IT WORKS!!!!

So, what I don't understand is:

- Why this behavior changed from Fireboard to Kunena?
- How will I know which is the topic id of my topic without doing SQL query through phpmyadmin? Is there the possibility to find the topic_id from Kunena frontoffice/backoffice?

Thanks ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #162478 by rich

This number would be always the #1, if you set "Reply Numbering Inside Topic = Show Position in Topic" (such as here on kunena*org). You find the topic ID in the browser address.


Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guidocx84

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds