Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [SOLVED] Kunena discuss - You don't have rights to publish in that page

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by guidocx84
Hello everybody,
some months ago I upgraded my Fireboard to Kunena 2.0.4 on Joomla 1.5 and now I finally upgrade successfully to Kunena 3.0.7 on Joomla 3.4.
But I have a problem with kunena discuss plugin: like some months ago, the Kunena discuss plugin is giving me a strange error.
I activated the "custom discussion" plugin feature to use the {kunena_discuss:#} tag.

But (it's incredible)... it works only for topic that I created when I had Fireboard!!

After Kunena migration, this is the debug code that I have when I try to use the {kunena_discuss:#} tag in a Joomla article.

Example:

[KunenaDiscuss debug: Constructor called in com_content ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: createTable: Check if plugin table exists. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Deny: There is no default Kunena category ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in article/ page. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 463 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic 10942 found. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Loading Custom Topic 10942 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Category said Non hai il permesso di accedere a questa pagina. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 463 ]

It says me something like "You have no permission to access this page".

I tried also to set a default category but nothing... no changes for me... same error message.

I waited to ask you support because I thought that upgrading to the latest release of joomla, kunena and kunena discuss will solve my problem but it still remains.

Please, can you give me some help to understand which is the misconfiguration?

Thank you so much!! ;)

This is my Kunena configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.7 | creationdate: 2015-02-01

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.7 | 2015-02-01 [ Galah ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.7

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by guidocx84.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you post here please your settings of plugin Kunena dicuss ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by guidocx84

xillibit wrote: Hello,

Can-you post here please your settings of plugin Kunena dicuss ?

Hi xillibit and thank you for your answer.

This is my Kunena Discuss configuration (I've taken two screenshots).

Thanks a lot! ;)

Attachments:

More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
Do-you have check the rights of your Kunena categories ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by guidocx84

xillibit wrote: Do-you have check the rights of your Kunena categories ?

Hi xillibit! Thank you for your answer ;)

All my Kunena categories are readable for everyone but writable only for registered users and super user [Public (Access: joomla.level)]

Is there something else that I could verify for you to understand which is the problem?

Thanks!!!
Attachments:

More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by Mortti
Check first these settings of your settings... screencast.com/t/R4wyzSSpHWS

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #7 by guidocx84

Mortti wrote: Check first these settings of your settings... screencast.com/t/R4wyzSSpHWS

Hi Mortti! Thanks for your answer.

What I don't understand is why the debug that I see when I connect an article of my Joomla category to a topic of my Kunena forum created when it was Fireboard is like this:

[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Deny: There is no default Kunena category ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 59 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic 63 found. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Loading Custom Topic 63 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Displaying only link to the topic ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 59 ]

while, if I connect an article of my Joomla category to a topic of my Kunena forum created after migration from Fireboard to Kunena is like this:

[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 650 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic 15417 found. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Loading Custom Topic 15417 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Category said Non hai il permesso di accedere a questa pagina. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 650 ]

"I don't have rights to enter to that page"... what it means?

I need to connect some articles with {kunena_discuss:#} code to some custom topics but it works only for topics created when the forum is Fireboard (first debug code).
In that case, I have a situation like the one showed here (the link to the topic from the article and the counter of how many posts it has):

I try to "play" with the configuration that you linked me but I don't want to create automatically new topic for all my articles and I don't want the form ([KunenaDiscuss debug: showForm: Rendering form ]). I need the link and only for specific articles that I select and in which I'll put the code.

May you help me to find a solution? Keep in mind the strange behavior: with topics opened when I had Fireboard, Kunena Discuss plugin works like a charm. With topics opened from the day when I migrated Fireboard to Kunena, the plugin didn't work anymore.

Thank you so much! ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by guidocx84.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #8 by rich
I've tested but I can not reproduce this error. All your settings seem to be correct.
Please try followings:
First go in backend to "Extensions > Extension Manager > Database" and check if it's correct. If not, then click on the Fix button.
Then go in backend to "Kunena > Forum Tools" synchronize the users and count all statistics new. Maybe it helps.

Addition:
Empty also the Joomla cache.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by rich.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #9 by guidocx84

rich wrote: I've tested but I can not reproduce this error. All your settings seem to be correct.
Please try followings:
First go in backend to "Extensions > Extension Manager > Database" and check if it's correct. If not, then click on the Fix button.
Then go in backend to "Kunena > Forum Tools" synchronize the users and count all statistics new. Maybe it helps.

Addition:
Empty also the Joomla cache.

Hi rich! Thank you for your help.

I tried... but nothing... the problem remains.

I really don't understand why the custom topic feature of this plugin works only for topic opened when Fireboard was installed.
Since I upgraded to Kunena they still works but all new topic opened on Kunena never worked...

I also try to take the kunena discuss custom topic code of an old Joomla article and copy it into an article that has a code that not works because it's linked to a brand new Kunena topic. And it works. The new Joomla article link correctly to an old Fireboard topic.

So the problem is not the Joomla article or the Joomla category or the Joomla rights... there is something wrong between the plugin and the Kunena categories and topics. :( :( :(

Addition:

This is the piece of code of Kunena Plugin that generates the debug error:
Code:
// If current user doesn't have authorisation to read category, we are done $category = KunenaForumCategoryHelper::get($catid); if (!$category->authorise('read')) { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Category {$catid} said {$category->getError()}" ); return ''; }
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by guidocx84. Reason: Addition of kunena plugin code that generates the error

More
9 years 1 month ago #10 by guidocx84
I put two echo "checkpoint" before and after the check of the topic ID and I found that the second checkpoint is never showed. So the first condition fails and that's why I see the "Let's see what we can do.." message that is in the else condition. And after the "Category said" error message...
but why the plugin didn't find the topic ID? Maybe the SQL query is looking in a wrong table?
Code:
echo 'CHECKPOINT'; if ( $topic->exists() ) { echo 'CHECKPOINT2'; // If current user doesn't have authorisation to read existing topic, we are done if ($id && !$topic->authorise('read')) { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Topic said {$topic->getError()}" ); return ''; } $category = $topic->getCategory(); } else { $this->debug ( "showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.." ); // If current user doesn't have authorisation to read category, we are done $category = KunenaForumCategoryHelper::get($catid); if (!$category->authorise('read')) { $this->debug ( " {$Categorycatid} said {$category->getError()}" ); return ''; }

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds