Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to map Kunena category to blog

More
12 years 7 months ago #154292 by friday shoes
In my previous to last post I didn't have a blog category set up, now I do. The ID's are as follows:

Kunena category ID = 18
Blog menu ID = 174
Blog category ID = 13

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #154298 by rich

friday shoes wrote: Thanks, but I'm seeing nothing on my blog, I haven't changed any of the other settings on discusss plugin

In the frontend, you are logged on? Guests cannot see it if they have no write permissions to this Kunena category.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #154299 by friday shoes

rich wrote:

friday shoes wrote: Thanks, but I'm seeing nothing on my blog, I haven't changed any of the other settings on discusss plugin

In the frontend, you are logged on? Guests cannot see it if they have no write permissions to this Kunena category.

Yes I am logged in. I can see the topic in the forum category but the topic doesn't appear on the blog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #154300 by rich

I can see the topic in the forum category

Your setting is "Create Topic on First Reply". I mean, you have to written a reply. Otherwise would not created the topic in the Forum.

but the topic doesn't appear on the blog.

Please clear your cache (maybe it's a problem with your cache).

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #154301 by friday shoes
Are we getting confused here, I was working on the assumption that a Kunena topic is first created within a Kunena category on the forum. Then Kunena Discuss publishes the topic as an article on the blog?

Or are you saying it only works the other way around, whereby a joomla article is created and assigned to the blog category (so it appears on the blog). In turn it then appears as a Kunena topic within a Kunena category?

Regards?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #154302 by rich

Or are you saying it only works the other way around, whereby a joomla article is created and assigned to the blog category (so it appears on the blog). In turn it then appears as a Kunena topic within a Kunena category?

Yes, that's right. You must create first a blog article and also the first answer in the blog article. After this answer will created a forum topic. Or you choose the setting "Create Topic on First Visit".

But first you must always create a Joomla article if you want mapping.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by rich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds