Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Mapping individual articles to categories

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by chrisb123
Does anyone know if it is possible to map an article to a kunena category. I have some articles that are not simple news articles and they will be constantly visited and published indefinitely, therefore I am hoping that I can map this articles to forum categories. Any help on this would be great.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Chris, and welcome to Kunena.

Same question was asked for the earlier [K 2.0] version and the same situation applies here, too. See Invoke {kunena_discuss} and specify category only for the answer.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by chrisb123
Hi Sozzled,

Thanks for your reply, having looked at the link you have provided, I think you may have misunderstood the question. I need to link articles that are in the same Joomla category to different Kunena forum categories, is that possible?

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
I apologise for misunderstanding. Yes, it's possible to do what you want to do. Did you also read the simple guide to using the Kunena Discuss plugin? The operation of the plugin is the same in K 3.0 as it was in K 2.0.

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by chrisb123
Yes, I did read through it in the documentation section but there was no mention of what I am trying to achieve

Chris

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
In my first reply to you I gave you a link. The linked topic also contained another link. This link is www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Kunena-Discus...instructions-for-use

If I correctly understand you, you want to map all articles within a Joomla article category so that their discussions occur in a specific forum category. Other articles, located in different Jooma article categories may flow into the same or different forum categories. That's my understanding if what you wrote in msg #3.

The subject of the topic is a little misleading as it is written, "Mapping individual articles to categories". As I explained earlier, you cannot map a Joomla article individually; you can only map categories of articles.

The "quick and dirty instructions" show you how to map Joomla article categories to Kunena forum categories. Did you see the information in the "quick and dirty instructions" that show you how this is done? :dry:

Is this what you want to do?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
*** Topic closed - assumed resolved satisfactorily - no response from user ***

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds