Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This category is only for reporting defects with K 3.0.

Do not use this category:
  • to ask general questions about how to use K 3.0 or to ask when new versions of Kunena will be released;
  • to ask about other (older) versions of Kunena; or
  • if you have tried to install K 3.0 on J! 1.5; or
  • if you installed K 3.0 on a live, production site and you want your site restored to its previous state; or
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected.

You must include your K 3.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

Topics that have been closed (resolved) will be archived and no further discussion on those topics will be allowed.

Solved Captcha shown for some users

More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by Gee
Hello,

for some reason a Google ReCaptcha is shown to some users. To most not. I am really confused. I have turned all captchas off (guests too, forum is shown to registered only).

At first a user told me that there is a failure message that keys for captchas are missing and the site admin should add the values. I did in kunena configuration. Since then the Captcha is shown, but I don't want users have to fill out captchas.

Where else can this captcha come up from?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Captcha shown for some users
Have you entered a number in "Kunena Configuration > Security > CAPTCHA Challenge for Users"?
But maybe it's the same error: www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...ha-incorrectly-shown
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gee

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Gee
Replied by Gee on topic Captcha shown for some users
Challenge is set to 0. I tried synching users, but the problem persists. The user can answer a topic by entering the captcha code now, but there is a message that the post is awaiting approval by a moderator. I don't have activated such an option.
Attachments:

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Captcha shown for some users

but there is a message that the post is awaiting approval by a moderator. I don't have activated such an option.

Please check it. There are two options for this. In the "Configuration > Security > Moderate New Users" or directly in the categories "Category Manager > Category > (tab) Category Settings > Review posts: Yes or No".

Have you also tested this? www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...ha-incorrectly-shown
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
Or maybe >>> this <<< is a clue?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #6 by Gee
Replied by Gee on topic Captcha shown for some users
Thank you sozzled! That was the problem. The user had -1 posts in the database and -1 is less than 0 in the configuration. I don't know why but maybe this should be fixed to be checked like

user posts > 0 but < configuration value then show captcha.

This problem would not come up. Thank you all very much for your fast and great help!

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Gee.

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds