Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question PHP 7.4.x + J.3.9.x + Kunena 5.1.x (Latest) - Category Frozen

More
3 years 6 months ago #1 by TruthSword
The forum I am building here: wethepeopleonline.com/we-the-people-asse...e-people-assemblages has some strange issues that I cannot seem to figure out how to resolve.

#1) When I first started working on this; before I manually created 3000+ categories. I created "Washington (WA) State" category. The sub-categories (Counties of our State of WA) were all flipped upside down. No matter what I did for "re-arrange" and moving "Adams County" to the very top. It doesn't change on the front-end, regardless of clearing cache. I never resolved this. I finished my manual data entry on all the other State Categories before working my way down to Washington (A-Z). Once I finished data entering all the states and counties; I found out that it did not fix this.

#2) When I went to disable, delete or modify any part of the Category "Washington (WA) State" or it's sub-categories of Counties. No matter what I do "clicking the down arrow first for sorting before re-ordering the categories" works... just doesn't work. This only happens on this category as I was able to move beyond "Washington (WA) State" category to West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming without problems.

The error message I receive is in blue in Joomla Admin / Kunena Category Section of the Component.

The message says the following regardless of the action taken:

Notice
Please select category from the list before taking this action!

Any pointers would be helpful! Thank you!

Best Regards,

Brandon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
Quote from this topic: www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/158713...egories-not-possible

rich wrote: The sort options such as by Status are only temporary for working in the backend and after the next login shows again the default setting. If you want to change the sort for the frontend you need two steps on the left hand side.

Step 1: click on the symbol (image 1)
Step 2: move the categories (image 2)

You can either move complete sections along with all categories, or only move categories within sections.

The second possibility is the patch option. You can move more than one category at the same time (see image below):

Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TruthSword

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds