Kunena 5.2 RC 1 Released (25 Oct 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Notifications delay

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1 by ita4012
Notifications delay was created by ita4012
Hi.

How long does kunena take to send notifications to users who have subscribed a thread or a category, if a new post has been added?

I am not sure, but it seems that last kunena version takes more time to do that.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Notifications delay
As soon as a user saved his message, Kunena despatches the mail. So if underway there are no delays you should get the mail quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ita4012

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #3 by ita4012
Replied by ita4012 on topic Notifications delay
Ok, thanks. But I do get the notification email with some delay. I've done a check sending an email to the same address I use in my administrator joomla and kunena account, and I have verifyed that I get the email immediately. So I can't understand where the problem can be...

Any ideas? Thanks

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Notifications delay
Maybe many users have abonnements. Is it possible that your web host limits the amount of e-mails per second or per hour?

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #5 by ita4012
Replied by ita4012 on topic Notifications delay
I will check with my host. Thanks

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #6 by lesty
Replied by lesty on topic Notifications delay
I have a similar problem on 2 different sites where Kunena is used.
But there is no delay - I do not receive notifications at all.
The mail function works fine and I receive notifications about user's registration / test email works fine. So, I suppose the problem is in Kunena side.

Is there any idea how to fix it?

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #7 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Notifications delay
@lesty: i don't undertand you said there is no delay, so what is the issue ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #8 by HanKortekaas
Replied by HanKortekaas on topic Notifications delay
If I may say so, is this the same issue as the delay in response time. I have suggested that 810 would look into the matter, but nothing heard of since. topic response time

The suggestion of limitation of # of mails doesn't hold since my provider (hosting some 860.000 accounts) claims that the algoritm to check against the limit does not delay anything; if it would, they would have many more complaints.......

Han
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by HanKortekaas.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #9 by lesty
Replied by lesty on topic Notifications delay

xillibit wrote: @lesty: i don't undertand you said there is no delay, so what is the issue ?

Sorry, I meant that I never get messages about new replies.

If the previous user mentioned they receive the notification with delay, I no longer receive notifications at all.
Of course, I've checked out the spam box.
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by lesty.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #10 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Notifications delay

HanKortekaas wrote: If I may say so, is this the same issue as the delay in response time. I have suggested that 810 would look into the matter, but nothing heard of since. topic response time

The suggestion of limitation of # of mails doesn't hold since my provider (hosting some 860.000 accounts) claims that the algoritm to check against the limit does not delay anything; if it would, they would have many more complaints.......

Thanks for the topic, there is a setting in Kunena when enabled which can cause delay : it's the setting under security which prevent to put URL in title or message

lesty wrote:

xillibit wrote: @lesty: i don't undertand you said there is no delay, so what is the issue ?

Sorry, I meant that I never get messages about new replies.

If the previous user mentioned they receive the notification with delay, I no longer receive notifications at all.
Of course, I've checked out the spam box.

In the Joomla! configuration, do-you have used the button "send test mail" and the mail has been right received ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by xillibit.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds