Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Notifications delay

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1 by ita4012
Notifications delay was created by ita4012
Hi.

How long does kunena take to send notifications to users who have subscribed a thread or a category, if a new post has been added?

I am not sure, but it seems that last kunena version takes more time to do that.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Notifications delay
As soon as a user saved his message, Kunena despatches the mail. So if underway there are no delays you should get the mail quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ita4012

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #3 by ita4012
Replied by ita4012 on topic Notifications delay
Ok, thanks. But I do get the notification email with some delay. I've done a check sending an email to the same address I use in my administrator joomla and kunena account, and I have verifyed that I get the email immediately. So I can't understand where the problem can be...

Any ideas? Thanks

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Notifications delay
Maybe many users have abonnements. Is it possible that your web host limits the amount of e-mails per second or per hour?

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #5 by ita4012
Replied by ita4012 on topic Notifications delay
I will check with my host. Thanks

More
3 years 10 months ago #6 by lesty
Replied by lesty on topic Notifications delay
I have a similar problem on 2 different sites where Kunena is used.
But there is no delay - I do not receive notifications at all.
The mail function works fine and I receive notifications about user's registration / test email works fine. So, I suppose the problem is in Kunena side.

Is there any idea how to fix it?

More
3 years 10 months ago #7 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Notifications delay
@lesty: i don't undertand you said there is no delay, so what is the issue ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #8 by HanKortekaas
Replied by HanKortekaas on topic Notifications delay
If I may say so, is this the same issue as the delay in response time. I have suggested that 810 would look into the matter, but nothing heard of since. topic response time

The suggestion of limitation of # of mails doesn't hold since my provider (hosting some 860.000 accounts) claims that the algoritm to check against the limit does not delay anything; if it would, they would have many more complaints.......

Han
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by HanKortekaas.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #9 by lesty
Replied by lesty on topic Notifications delay

xillibit wrote: @lesty: i don't undertand you said there is no delay, so what is the issue ?

Sorry, I meant that I never get messages about new replies.

If the previous user mentioned they receive the notification with delay, I no longer receive notifications at all.
Of course, I've checked out the spam box.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by lesty.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #10 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Notifications delay

HanKortekaas wrote: If I may say so, is this the same issue as the delay in response time. I have suggested that 810 would look into the matter, but nothing heard of since. topic response time

The suggestion of limitation of # of mails doesn't hold since my provider (hosting some 860.000 accounts) claims that the algoritm to check against the limit does not delay anything; if it would, they would have many more complaints.......

Thanks for the topic, there is a setting in Kunena when enabled which can cause delay : it's the setting under security which prevent to put URL in title or message

lesty wrote:

xillibit wrote: @lesty: i don't undertand you said there is no delay, so what is the issue ?

Sorry, I meant that I never get messages about new replies.

If the previous user mentioned they receive the notification with delay, I no longer receive notifications at all.
Of course, I've checked out the spam box.

In the Joomla! configuration, do-you have used the button "send test mail" and the mail has been right received ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by xillibit.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds