Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Link Issue

More
2 years 3 days ago #1 by YourFavoriteSpamBot
Hey Guys

One of my issues has already been solved, which is awesome.
Yet, I'm stuck with this one here:

When I'm adding a relative link to a post (not via menu item, just here in a post with the URL bb code), it will add "/kunena" to the link. And I have absolutely no idea why this happens. As an example, this link would be (/forum/k5-1-support/topic/create/kunena) on my forum, for whatever reason.

Here is my configuration.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.4 | creationdate: 2018-09-23

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.4 | 2018-09-23 [ Enceladus ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 days ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Link Issue
You have many uncorectly menu items in your main menu. Therefore you get not the correcte links. Links of other menus, which are linked to the forum, must be Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias.
docs.kunena.org/en/troubleshooting/menu-issues

More
2 years 3 days ago #3 by YourFavoriteSpamBot
Replied by YourFavoriteSpamBot on topic Link Issue
Ok thanks. I've tried that.

Here's the new configuration:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.4 | creationdate: 2018-09-23

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.4 | 2018-09-23 [ Enceladus ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

to me, it looks how it should be. anyway, that didn't solve the issue.
what i did was the following:

If you suspect that your main site menu items are wrongly configure (and the Kunena menu is unchanged) then edit these menu items (example: main, top) and change the Menu Item Type to Menu Item Alias.

Yet, the issue persists. Btw. I've noticed something else. Previously, there were links pointing to "index.php/forum/" instead of "index.php/kunena/". The part that is actually appended to the links is the highlighted part (bold).

More
2 years 3 days ago #4 by rich
Your menu items are ok now. Please empty your caches (Joomla and Browser-cache) and try again.

Yet, the issue persists. Btw. I've noticed something else. Previously, there were links pointing to "index.php/forum/" instead of "index.php/kunena/". The part that is actually appended to the links is the highlighted part (bold).

It shows the word in the address which is entered in the first Kunena menu item "Forum" as alias name (see image).

Attachments:

More
2 years 3 days ago #5 by YourFavoriteSpamBot

rich wrote: Your menu items are ok now. Please empty your caches (Joomla and Browser-cache) and try again.

It shows the word in the address which is entered in the first Kunena menu item "Forum" as alias name (see image).

I am aware of that. That isn't the issue in itself. Let's use the word "[PLACEHOLDER"] as a placeholder for the alias you've assigned in your screenshots above.

When I add a relative link to a forum post, it will append this placeholder to the URL.

Let's take a look at the following example:
We take the relative URL of this post: /forum/k5-1-support/154446-link-issue/reply/204398
We are using the URL BB Code for this.
Now the result when submitted and displayed will be /forum/k5-1-support/154446-link-issue/reply/204398/[PLACEHOLDER] .

And therefore, the link will always be invalid as the resource linked doesn't exist.

More
2 years 3 days ago #6 by rich

1. What happens, if you use the link without bbcode or if you click on a message number? Is the link in principle wrong?
2. Have you menu items in the trash? This can also cause errors.
3. A problem is for me, because I can't see your page.

More
2 years 3 days ago #7 by YourFavoriteSpamBot

rich wrote:

1. What happens, if you use the link without bbcode or if you click on a message number? Is the link in principle wrong?

A relative link without bbcode won't translate to a clickable link.
Clicking on a message number works.

rich wrote: 2. Have you menu items in the trash? This can also cause errors.

No, there is only one unpublished item. It is the default help entry of the kunena menu. Nothing has been edited.

rich wrote: 3. A problem is for me, because I can't see your page.

Well, i can give you the URL so you could register as a guest if that helps. I'd prefer sending those details privately if possible.

More
2 years 3 days ago #8 by rich
I'm not sure but I think I found the issue. Is your Joomla installation on the main server page or installed in a extra folder? If you have the installation in a extra folder, you must enter for a relative link the folder name first. Otherwise the relative link does not work.
Must be /foldername/forum/k5-1-support/154446-link-issue/reply/204398

More
2 years 3 days ago #9 by YourFavoriteSpamBot

rich wrote: I'm not sure but I think I found the issue. Is your Joomla installation on the main server page or installed in a extra folder? If you have the installation in a extra folder, you must enter for a relative link the folder name first. Otherwise the relative link does not work.
Must be /foldername/forum/k5-1-support/154446-link-issue/reply/204398

The installation is in the vhosts root directory and not in a folder.
So essentially it is like here.

So the following link _test_link_ is correct here (/forum/k5-1-support/154446-link-issue) whereas on my site it would be /forum/k5-1-support/154446-link-issue/kunena respectively /forum/k5-1-support/154446-link-issue/forum

let me know if you want access to the forum where the issue exists.

More
2 years 1 day ago #10 by rich

let me know if you want access to the forum where the issue exists.

You can send it to [email protected]*kunena.org (address without star). Please post a link to a topic where is included a relative link in a message.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.585 seconds