Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Indexing hangs - smart search plugin

More
6 years 9 months ago #1 by NewbieNr1
"Smart Search - Kunena Forum" finder plugin is causing problem. When enabled the indexing process won't finish, pls see screenshot. Therefore Icant search for the Kunena topics.

I have tried change php versions: dont fix it.

I get this error in the indexer log file:

"deprecated JDatabase::getErrorNum() is deprecated, use exception handling instead."

Plugin is old and need to be fixed?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
I can confirm the stagnation. But not the error message. It seems, it's a conflict between Joomla and Kunena finder plugin. I will report it.
Please see also this topic. www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...forum-indexing-hangs

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #3 by xillibit

NewbieNr1 wrote: "Smart Search - Kunena Forum" finder plugin is causing problem. When enabled the indexing process won't finish, pls see screenshot.

Therefore Icant search for the Kunena topics.

I have tried change php versions: dont fix it.

I get this error in the indexer log file:

"deprecated JDatabase::getErrorNum() is deprecated, use exception handling instead."

Plugin is old and need to be fixed?

Hello,

That's is just something which is deprecated but it's still usable, i need to check to find where is the issue come from

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by xillibit.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #4 by rogoghaje
Indexer still hangs with yellow "Your content is being indexed. Do not close this window." on Joomla 3.9.2, Kunena 5.1.8 and PHP 7.2.9

Some content can be found in search on /administrator/index.php?option=com_finder&view=index but cannot be found searching in the frontend. Some non-zero number of items and forum content has been indexed (filter for Type:"Forum post"), but none of it can be searched and listed in the frontend.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by rogoghaje.

More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by rogoghaje
Where was it been reported and what was the outcome, please?

rich wrote: I can confirm the stagnation. But not the error message. It seems, it's a conflict between Joomla and Kunena finder plugin. I will report it.

More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by Kubik-Rubik
Here is a tip how you can investigate it. Open the Web Developer tools in your browser and check two tabs while the process is running:
a) Console - for JavaScript issues
b) Network - for responses from the server to the Ajax requests
Here you should get more information that is required to fix this issue!
Cheers

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds