Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Search not searching the forum (indexing hangs)

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #1 by NewbieNr1
The search menu item in the nav bar in kunena doesn't search through my topics. Instead it just searches through my own joomla articles. How can I enable the search function for searching within kunena forum?

The indexing hangs and don't finish. See screenshot.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by NewbieNr1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Search not searching the forum

The search menu item in the nav bar

Which menu item? You mean the Joomla Search module?

More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by NewbieNr1
I mean both the joomla smart search module and the kunena search menu item.

I have enabled the KUnena smart search plugin. I have indexed within smart search component but that doesn't work. Therefore I have try to index according to this guide:

docs.joomla.org/Setting_up_automatic_Smart_Search_indexing

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=706&t=803468

But when I do this kind of index it doesn't pick up all the blog articles and forum topics, just a few.

Any ideas?

More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by NewbieNr1
It seems it is the kunena smart search finder plugin that is causing the problem. If I disable this plugin the indexer works fine. But with this enabled it can't finish the indexing. Any ideas?

More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Search not searching the forum
Which version of Kunena is installed? There were problems with the plugin but this is already fixed.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #6 by NewbieNr1
5.0.9 Kunena version.

Shall there be an Forum folder in the site root after one have installed Kunena? I did have one but I think it had been created earlier so I deleted this empty folder.

I have had contact with siteground's technical support and they can't find the issue on their side. They say they can't find any errors in the log files. But when I look at the indexer log file it says:
Code:
#Fields: datetime priority clientip category message 2017-06-17T05:59:47+00:00 INFO [my ip adress removed] - Starting the indexer 2017-06-17T05:59:47+00:00 INFO [my ip adress removed] - Starting the indexer batch process 2017-06-17T05:59:48+00:00 WARNING [my ip adress removed] deprecated JFile::read is deprecated. Use native file_get_contents() syntax. 2017-06-17T05:59:48+00:00 INFO [my ip adress removed] - Batch completed, peak memory usage: 19,660,800 bytes 2017-06-17T06:06:10+00:00 INFO [my ip adress removed] - Starting the indexer 2017-06-17T06:06:10+00:00 INFO [my ip adress removed] - FinderIndexerAdapter::getContentCount 2017-06-17T06:06:10+00:00 WARNING [my ip adress removed] deprecated JDatabase::getErrorNum() is deprecated, use exception handling instead. 2017-06-17T06:06:11+00:00 INFO [my ip adress removed] - Starting the indexer batch process 2017-06-17T06:06:11+00:00 INFO [my ip adress removed] - FinderIndexerAdapter::onBuildIndex 2017-06-17T06:06:11+00:00 INFO [my ip adress removed] - FinderIndexerAdapter::getItems(0, 50) 2017-06-17T06:06:11+00:00 WARNING [my ip adress removed] deprecated JDatabase::getErrorNum() is deprecated, use exception handling instead. 2017-06-17T06:06:11+00:00 WARNING [my ip adress removed] deprecated JDatabase::getErrorNum() is deprecated, use exception handling instead. 2017-06-17T06:06:11+00:00 WARNING [my ip adress removed] deprecated JDatabase::getErrorNum() is deprecated, use exception handling instead. 2017-06-17T06:06:11+00:00 WARNING [my ip adress removed] deprecated JDatabase::getErrorNum() is deprecated, use exception handling instead. 2017-06-17T06:06:11+00:00 INFO [my ip adress removed] - Batch completed, peak memory usage: 6,291,456 bytes

Any ideas?

More
6 years 10 months ago #7 by NewbieNr1
I have try to change to the recommended current php version 5.4. But the problem persists. The indexing still hangs and I get this error:
"deprecated JDatabase::getErrorNum() is deprecated, use exception handling instead."

More
6 years 10 months ago #8 by rich

Shall there be an Forum folder in the site root after one have installed Kunena? I did have one but I think it had been created earlier so I deleted this empty folder.

There is not a folder named "forum". On the contrary, it could be a conflict with kunena.

The indexing still hangs and I get this error:
"deprecated JDatabase::getErrorNum() is deprecated, use exception handling instead."

I've thoroughly tested today and can confirm the stagnation. But not the error message. If you close the window should be all kunena messages listed. Go to "Extensions -> Manage -> Database" and check if its ok.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #9 by NewbieNr1
Glad you also found the stagnation. If I close the window some of the kunena messages are listed but they are not searchable in the front-end. Hope to see a fix on this.

Is the official Kunena site using the regular search or the smart search or something else?

More
6 years 10 months ago #10 by rich

If I close the window some of the kunena messages are listed but they are not searchable in the front-end.

I think, you have a other problem. The search in the frontend has nothing to do with the smart search in the backend.

Is the official Kunena site using the regular search or the smart search or something else?

If you install Kunena you get the menu item Search. With this menu item you find only Topics or Messages from Kunena. This menu item works without extra settings.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds