Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Missing module positions in Kunena 5x: kunena_topic_#, kunena_msg_#

More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,

I am using Kunena 5.0.5 with Blue Eagle 5 on a Joomla 3.6.5 site. This question is related to my other post but I was told to create a new topic for this: www.kunena.org/forum/general-user-contri...like?start=40#182893

I had Joomla banners that displayed on my old Kunena forum (prior to version 5) in between my Kunena Sections, Categories, and Topics. The banners don't display with K5 and Blue Eagle 5. Here is a screenshot of the old module positions for those banners. Can you tell me what the new module positions are or add this as an upgrade feature request in K5 with Blue Eagle 5?
1drv.ms/i/s!AgkCYQw-vIbe76sPBSBDzi4Oih780g

I also tested a suggested solution given to me in my other post but that didn't work either: I tested out the kunena_msg_row_3 and it doesn't work on my forum. Is there a different syntax to use for module positions in between the topics and messages/posts?

I checked the Kunena module positions help doc but that didn't solve the problem, instead it confirmed the problem by displaying that those prior version Kunena module positions no longer exist in K5: www.kunena.org/docs/en/faq/module-positions

I would like to make a feature request for a future upgrade of K5 or Blue Eagle 5 template: Can you consider adding the module positions similar to the prior Kunena version of:
kunena_topic_#
kunena_msg_#

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by rich

kunena_topic_#
kunena_msg_#

The module positions are the same as before. Only instead kunena_msg_# use now kunena_msg_row_#

I've tested it with blue eagle5 and it works.

kunena_msg_# is a single position in a topic
kunena_msg_row_# the position at all pages in a topic
kunena_topic_# beginning with number 2
kunena_section_top_# only odd numbers such as 1, 3, 5 etc..
kunena_section_# only even numbers such as 2, 4, 6 etc..

You must also empty the cache, otherwise the modules are not displayed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds