Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Missing attachments in K5.0.1

More
7 years 7 months ago #11 by WHStables
Thanks 810, I'm getting there lol. :)

I did everything you said earlier -

Search Engine Friendly URLs = yes
Use URL Rewriting = yes
Adds Suffix to URL = no
Unicode Aliases = yes

then rename the file on your root from your site:

htaccess.txt to .htaccess

I was in the regular site folder and not the testsite folder and missed the htacess renaming. Everything works now as far as pages opening like they should and the "index.php" is now gone.

I do still have my original problem however of the past few months of images and attachments not showing up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #12 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Missing attachments in K5.0.1
did you copied all files to the new testsite, like the media/kunena/attachments dir

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #13 by WHStables
The testsite has been up for awhile and the forum worked perfectly before the update to Kunena 5. Kunena 4 is still on the live website and works fine.

Here is a topic on the live site with K4 - K4

Here is the same topic on the test site after the K5 update yesterday - K5
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by WHStables.

More
7 years 7 months ago #14 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Missing attachments in K5.0.1
maybe protected are only working on live sites, not on subdomains.

When you update the site, it can be working. So ignore it for now, fix the other issues, then update the live site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WHStables

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #15 by WHStables
Thanks 810, I may have to try that if we can't find a solution, I just hate to mess up the main site. :pinch:

What is weird to me is it's only doing it on the past few months of attachments. All of the attachments from when we opened (Feb 2015) up until around July 2016 are are fine and still there, it's just a select few months. Also, if I upload a pic now it works fine. Maybe something just went crazy in the upgrade process.

It's also just the images that have no pixel size in the backend under the Kunena attachment manager. Does that offer any kind of clue?

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by WHStables.

More
7 years 7 months ago #16 by WHStables
I took the attachments folder from the live site and copied it to the test site and it fixed the attachment problem. Something must have happened during the upgrade somehow. Good thing is maybe this post can benefit someone else in the future if this happens to them.

I then upgraded the live site after fixing everything above like you mentioned and it works like a charm. The biggest difference was changing to PHP7, you guys weren't kidding about the speed. B)

Thanks so much 810 for all your help and to you and the Kunena crew for making such an awesome forum. :)

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds