Kunena 5.2 RC 1 Released (Yesterday)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question 5.0.1 - Crypsis Bootstrap3 Problems

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #1 by virtinsanity
When i try to wirte a post the scroll is getting locked and the page gets non-scrollable when clicked on smileys, provider, maps etc. they are not showing up when i click on them and then the page gets stuck!

To get to more in detail the thing is the reply page is functioning and scrollable until i click on smileys, provider, maps etc button. When i click on the provider etc. buttons neither i see the modals popping and the page gets locked without being able to scroll or anything. Same applies to other stuff like adding image buttons. When i click on them everything is locked up and the page is non-scrollable.

I would provide anything you need.

I hope that you'd help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by virtinsanity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by virtinsanity
Btw BETA B3 Crypsis is working like a charm as i just switched to it. I don't know why.

More
4 years 2 months ago #3 by virtinsanity
B3 Crypsis is whole lot better in every sense so i selected that for now fyi. All working except the category icons but i don't care about them. :)

More
4 years 2 months ago #4 by virtinsanity
Will the problems in normal Crypsis be solved or worked on as i mentioned in my posts here ? Because Crypsis B3 is functioning better yet it's missing stuff, so i would be glad to know if you guys work it on or i don't know things i should do on my end to solve. Please let me know.

Thank you.

More
4 years 2 months ago #5 by 810
If crypsisb3 is working correct for you, then you have a bootstrap3 joomla template. So then you need to use the crypsisb3 template.
The following user(s) said Thank You: virtinsanity

More
4 years 2 months ago #6 by virtinsanity

810 wrote: If crypsisb3 is working correct for you, then you have a bootstrap3 joomla template. So then you need to use the crypsisb3 template.

Ah ok so from what i understood there actually are 2 templates for now right ? I thought that CrypsisB3 is somekind of a "beta" of the original template yet you will keep on building both of them ? Am i correct to understand this way ? So B3 is actually bootstrap 3.

If so i'm missing B3 Category and User icons in user profile. How may i proceed ? :)

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #7 by 810
Crypsis = Bootstrap 2 based template
Crypsisb3 = Bootstrap 3 based template

No, the templates are almost the same, but for a other bootstrap version.

For the default category icon.
Go to backend - kunena - template - select Crypsisb3 - basic settings- default category icon -
glyphicon glyphicon-folder-open glyphicon-big
or
fa fa-folder glyphicon-big
if you use fontawesome
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by 810.
The following user(s) said Thank You: virtinsanity

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #8 by virtinsanity

810 wrote: Crypsis = Bootstrap 2 based template
Crypsisb3 = Bootstrap 3 based template

No, the templates are almost the same, but for a other bootstrap version.

Go to backend - kunena - template - select Crypsisb3 - basic settings- default category icon -

or
if you use fontawesome

Now it's all clear thank you very much.

As far as the Category and Profile icons go they are still missing eventhough i made the changes you told. Is it possible that smt causing an override or else ?

Profile icons that shows stuff like status don't show up as well in B3. I'm trying to use Fontawesome and i set as you told me most some has gone back alive. Should i name category icons under each category maybe ? All i can see now is a a thin square next to Categories.

Thank you for bearing me.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by virtinsanity. Reason: Explanation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #9 by virtinsanity
Ok now i managed to pop Category icons by through assigning all of the categories a proper icon name, yet i still can't activate Profile Icons set. How may i proceed for profile icons set ?

More
4 years 1 month ago #10 by scenium

810 wrote:

or
if you use fontawesome

I still automatically added to the end of the code:
icon-big

It turns out the code:
glyphicon glyphicon-folder-open glyphicon-big icon-big

Because of this, the icons are not displayed. How to fix it?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds