Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important [K.5.0.RC3] Long page load times when posting

More
7 years 8 months ago #51 by 810
on the last rc, I have made some improvements, about the posting, did you see any improvement?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #52 by jhebbel
I'm going to give it a shot as soon as I get a chance to sit down and merge my own changes back into it, I cannot remember what at this point but I think I had a bunch of non template changes in the files as well.

More
7 years 8 months ago #53 by jhebbel

810 wrote: on the last rc, I have made some improvements, about the posting, did you see any improvement?

On RC5 with Joomla 3.6 and does not appear to have made any difference. The slow email may be tied to something to do with HTML email as plain text emails sent by the joomla system are pretty quick. What do you use to define your boundaries in your html email, I have read about some string generators being used to generate the email boundaries being incredibly slow on some server configs.

More
7 years 8 months ago #54 by jhebbel
So... I finally found the issue...

Joomla uses uniqid() to create a fandom string to boundary a message, apparently this does not work well with some servers, and is completely unnecessary anyway.

I modified line 2091 in libraries\vendor\phpmailer\class.phpmailer.php
from;
Code:
$this->uniqueid = md5(uniqid(time()));

to;
Code:
$this->uniqueid = uniqid('MAIL_',true);

More
7 years 8 months ago #55 by xillibit
It's not Joomla! it's the class phpmailer which is a third party one, maybe i should report the issue to phpmailer dev

Can-you please put here your configuration report if it helps ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds