Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Important [K.5.0.RC3] Long page load times when posting

More
7 years 10 months ago #31 by 810

jhebbel wrote: And fyi, mootools is loading on your site aswell when you reply... so thats not it.

On the main website, yes. Because its still J2.5 and K4.X

On our stage site, we have no mootools anymore. You can also see my other test site: www.newf1.nl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #32 by jhebbel
Look, its all MOOt point anyway. The issue lies in the POST, IE prior to the 303 redirect to the final page, NOTHING loads except headers (the redirect header to send user back to the forum). Therefore mootools wouldn't even load during the post anyway. The POST takes about 5 seconds, thats 5 seconds before anything else loads so the issue in in PHP or DB somewhere, not these libraries that we keep going back and forth over.

More
7 years 10 months ago #33 by jhebbel
Its your editor that loading the mootools anyway, so I cannot disable it.

More
7 years 10 months ago #34 by 810
K5.0 will not load any mootools files.

Try with default joomla template: protostar and try again

More
7 years 10 months ago #35 by jhebbel

810 wrote: K5.0 will not load any mootools files.

Sorry but it is, and it looks to be the editor as it only loads when using the full reply and the editor is visible, even protostar did this, but again, its the POST that is slow, not GET, moo tools nor any other js library loads during the post as it is just PHP and DB, so can we get past the runaround with the libraries and start looking at what could be slowing it down in a large DB possibly?
Attachments:

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #36 by jhebbel
It is DEFINITELY high traffic/stats related. I cleared out my active sessions table and disabled kunena's stats and it seems faster now (not sure which did it). You may have no issues with your 34k users, but how many are ever active at once? I typically have a few thousand active sessions on my site at any given time and for some reason that mixed with whatever operations are performed regarding users/sessions during posting causes a lag.

Edit:
Joomla debug now shows total query time when posting down to 100ms on the DB, this is much better. Will see if this inflates again as session table fills back up during "rush hour".
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by jhebbel.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #37 by jhebbel

810 wrote: K5.0 will not load any mootools files.

During peak usage time the issue has returned. Please look at this and realise it has nothing to do libraries or scripts stylesheets or any of that other stuff, somthing inside the php or DB is dragging its heels for ~5 seconds.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7JJJKYJcpBRNGp...Skk/view?usp=sharing
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by jhebbel.

More
7 years 9 months ago #38 by jhebbel
So I have narrowed it down to only happening when the email notifications are on. Whenever the forum is sending an notification email where the number of users (not necessarily subscribed users) is a few dozen thousand, the PHP hangs for ~5 seconds or more. Please look into this...

More
7 years 9 months ago #39 by 810
i remeber there are some joomla issues on email, should be fixed on J3.6

More
7 years 9 months ago #40 by jhebbel

810 wrote: i remeber there are some joomla issues on email, should be fixed on J3.6

I found some info on email completely breaking in some cases, but no info on slow email. I did change the delivery type in joomla from SMTP to Sendmail to see if there was a difference, from what I can tell it is just as slow. Additionally, non forum related emails, such as user registration and lost password are instant.

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds