Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Important Kunena refuse relative internal URL when inserting a link into post message

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
In fact, I had reported this as a bug 3 years ago (oh, THREE years!) on tis forum:

https://www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-off-topic-and-general-Joomla/126017-url-tag-can-not-use-relative-dynamic-original-link#137783

but you did not admit that as a bug of Kunena.

Kunena team told me to use relative URLs starting with a slash when inserting a link in post message. I think that is wrong, but I can not convince you, until today, I found solid proof from Joomla team:

Please read this discusson first:

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/10101

From this discussion, you can see that Joomla core DOES NOT allow relative internal URLs starting with a slash!

In that discussion, @mbabker said clearly:

No, it can't.

That is to say, if I followed your instructions to add a starting slash before index.php?option= part of the relative dynamic internal URL, this can be recognized by Kunena BBcode parser, BUT IT WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED BY JOOMLA CORE SEF PLUGIN!

Which rule should I follow?

I think Kunena should change your rule to obey the Joomla core rules.

Thank you.

PS:

This bug still exists in Kunena 5.0 beta. Today I tested following two links on K5 b1:

I just input following source code in Kunena editor:

The first one is:
This is a [url=index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=314&Itemid=19]link[/url], I inserted it without begin with a slah (/) symbol.

and

The second one is:
This is another [url=/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=314&Itemid=19]link[/url], I inserted it with begining slah (/) symbol.

After submission, the first one was NOT converted to a link. But the second one was converted.

Don't you think this is a bug?

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by baijianpeng.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #2 by 810

More
4 years 4 months ago #3 by baijianpeng

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds