Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Kunena refuse relative internal URL when inserting a link into post message

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
In fact, I had reported this as a bug 3 years ago (oh, THREE years!) on tis forum:

www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-o...original-link#137783

but you did not admit that as a bug of Kunena.

Kunena team told me to use relative URLs starting with a slash when inserting a link in post message. I think that is wrong, but I can not convince you, until today, I found solid proof from Joomla team:

Please read this discusson first:

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/10101

From this discussion, you can see that Joomla core DOES NOT allow relative internal URLs starting with a slash!

In that discussion, @mbabker said clearly:

No, it can't.

That is to say, if I followed your instructions to add a starting slash before index.php?option= part of the relative dynamic internal URL, this can be recognized by Kunena BBcode parser, BUT IT WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED BY JOOMLA CORE SEF PLUGIN!

Which rule should I follow?

I think Kunena should change your rule to obey the Joomla core rules.

Thank you.

PS:

This bug still exists in Kunena 5.0 beta. Today I tested following two links on K5 b1:

I just input following source code in Kunena editor:

The first one is:
Code:
This is a [url=index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=314&Itemid=19]link[/url], I inserted it without begin with a slah (/) symbol.

and

The second one is:
Code:
This is another [url=/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=314&Itemid=19]link[/url], I inserted it with begining slah (/) symbol.

After submission, the first one was NOT converted to a link. But the second one was converted.

Don't you think this is a bug?

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by baijianpeng.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by 810

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by baijianpeng

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds