Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Avoid same actions after every update

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #1 by kunenauser40
Hi to all,

I have latest Joomla / Kunena installed.

I would like to ask if you can permanently edit / do changes to some files in the next updates of kunena (of known "bugs") so to avoid to manually edit to resolve it on every update. These are :

1). User Edit time bug
Here in a topic you had post a solution for this problem (which after some minutes users could not edit their posts) by replace the file message.php in "/libraries/kunena/forum/message" and the problem solved. But when I updated to 5.0.13 again the same problem appeared! I manually fixed it again from a backup file I had of file message.php which I upload it via ftp and I thought that in next update will be fixed. But when I updated to 5.0.14 again the same problem appeared which again I had to fix it manually! Is it possible to add the fix code to the message.php file so to be there permanently saved to avoid to manually fix it in every update?

2). Bug In Greek Language
There was a bug In Greek Language (in profile the date and time had unreadable characters). So there is in a topic here a solution you had wrote by just changing 2 lines in the file "administrator\language\el-GR\el-GR.com_kunena.libraries.ini" and specific the :

COM_KUNENA_LIB_DATE_FMT="η Μ Ε"
COM_KUNENA_LIB_TIME_FMT="Ω:Λ"

And replace them with these:
COM_KUNENA_LIB_DATE_FMT="d M Y"
COM_KUNENA_LIB_TIME_FMT="H:i"

This is very old bug but in all the updates of kunena until now these 2 lines of code hasn't changed in the file and after every upadte I have to do this again and again. Is it possible to replace these two lines in file "el-GR.com_kunena.libraries.ini" so to permanently are saved and avoid to manually fix them in every update?

3) Rank Icons

This is a little different from the others two above because I have manually change the ranks icons with other icons than the default, and in every update are overwritten by the default rank icons so except the other two steps above after every update , I have and this third step to manually upload via FTP the rank icons again to "media\kunena\ranks". Is there a way to avoid this step and keep in every update the rank icons I have now (e.g. by asking you in installation if you want to keep or overwrite these icons)?

Thank you!
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by kunenauser40.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2 by WolfgangOWL

kunenauser40 wrote: Hi to all,
1). User Edit time bug
Here in a topic you had post a solution for this problem (which after some minutes users could not edit their posts) by replace the file message.php in "/libraries/kunena/forum/message" and the problem solved. But when I updated to 5.0.13 again the same problem appeared! I manually fixed it again from a backup file I had of file message.php which I upload it via ftp and I thought that in next update will be fixed. But when I updated to 5.0.14 again the same problem appeared which again I had to fix it manually! Is it possible to add the fix code to the message.php file so to be there permanently saved to avoid to manually fix it in every update?

This should be fixed in Kunena 5.1. I tested it with RC4 and it works. Kunena 5.0.14 is the last version of the 5.0 series.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenauser40

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #3 by WolfgangOWL
Sorry, I must correct myself. It does NOT work with 5.1 RC4. I was logged in as a moderator when testing.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #4 by WolfgangOWL
I must correct myself again. Kunena 5.1 has new options for 'User Edits'. One of them is 'Only for the last message of the topic'. That means a user can edit his own post as long as there are no replies to the post.

This setting works as expected.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by WolfgangOWL.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #5 by kunenauser40
Thanks WolfgangOWL, I had downloaded your file message.php from your post ( www.kunena.org/forum/k5-0-support/150456-editing-posts#197805 ) and the problem had solved and thank you for it!

But the point is from the developers of kunena if they fix it permanently so to avoid every time to upload it after every new version of kunena , all my 3 questions in the first topic asking this to avoid the same actions after new version of kunena.

Can anyone from devs inform us please if they will change them? Thanks!
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by kunenauser40.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #6 by rich

kunenauser40 wrote: Hi to all,

I have latest Joomla / Kunena installed.

I would like to ask if you can permanently edit / do changes to some files in the next updates of kunena (of known "bugs") so to avoid to manually edit to resolve it on every update. These are :

1). User Edit time bug
2). Bug In Greek Language
3). Rank Icons

1. It's already fixed for the next version K5.1 (see Wolfgangs post above).
2. I've changed the characters for the next language package
3. Use for your own rank images another name as the original, then it will no overwritten during a upgrade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenauser40

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #7 by kunenauser40
Thank you very much rich!!!
As for my third question with the rank icons , from your reply above I saw that it was so simple.... but I hadn't thought it at all until you told me :)

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds