Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Panic - users getting moderator messages and access controls not working

More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by wibbleypants
I can't find a category "Problems with Kunena 3", so I'm hoping I'll get read here.

I've had to shut down our Kunena forums because all of sudden lots of users are receiving messages telling them that they are moderators. Another thing that suddenly started happening is that ex members of a group are receiving these messages and can access categories belonging to the group that they used to be members of. These are private forums and very sensitive, so the group is all of a panic thinking that all and sundry can read sensitive information. I am really stressed out and I'm receiving 10 emails per minute with complaints. Can anybody help PLEASE? Config below:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 120M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_corona | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.14 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by wibbleypants
Update: Kunena says all these users are site admins, but they're not! They're just ordinary users. Obviously that's why they're all receiving the messages and have super powers in the forums. Do I have to hack the DB?

More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by wibbleypants
Update:

It seems that all users with "editor" privs are considered site admins by Kunena. Is this a bug in Kunena?

More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by 810
K3.0.6 isn't supported anymore. Please update.

check the permissions on the kunena dashboard -> options top right

More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by wibbleypants

810 wrote: K3.0.6 isn't supported anymore. Please update.

Oh. I always install updates when they appear, but the Joomla update manager hasn't mentioned an update for Kunena.

check the permissions on the kunena dashboard -> options top right

Yup. Only Admin and SU can do anything.

More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by wibbleypants
Oh, and in config, I have "Enable version check" set to Yes.

More
8 years 5 months ago #7 by 810
when you on the kunena dashboard, on the backend. You will see a button with "Options" on the top right.

This will open the joomla permissions.

There you made a change, so you need to check the permissions of the usergroup.

More
8 years 5 months ago #8 by wibbleypants
Yes, I already did that. Some people were also showing up as "site admins" in Kunena because they were in the author group. I removed one of them from that group, and then the other users also ceased to be site admins in Kunena. Unfortunately, so did I, and I am admin in Kunena and site admin. It's a mess - there's a really bad bug in there. And it seems my only option for upgrading, is a clean install from scratch. I don't know what to tell the users.

More
8 years 5 months ago #9 by 810
No need, you need to recreate the usergroups correct, then move the users.

Then it should be ok.

todo:
1) create new usergroup "registered1"
2) Move all users to "registered1"
3) Then it should work.

More
8 years 5 months ago #10 by wibbleypants
I don't think we understand each other. "Recreate the groups"? We have 19 user groups and 1300 users. Internally, Kunena is getting confused about who is admin and who isn't. I don't see how moving all users from one group to another can help. For example, I am a member of 15 groups.

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds