Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Crypsis Bootstrap 3 Template Beta?

More
8 years 9 months ago #41 by theITfactor

theITfactor wrote: Will there be an announcement somewhere when the Crypsis Bootstrap 3 template is out of beta? Or should I keep checking here for updates?

Anyone? Just want to know where to keep an eye out for when the non-beta version is released for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #42 by 810
this topic, is the lasted news about the b3 template.

The issue is that many b3 templates builders, have edited to much, to get it working on all.

That's the reason, its so buggy.

More
8 years 9 months ago #43 by hazel1919

betteryouthanme wrote:

hazel1919 wrote: +1 @ the IT factor!

@ Betteryou, I am using community builder with Kunena so I don't see these profile page issues. I also saw the fix for "inline-block" over on Github, it does fix teh width issue but causes havock with my H2 background colors (for some odd reason the H2 spans the entire forum category :blink: ). The only thing that fixes that issue for me is to set "display:flex"...

I think we are getting close to something workable, though it's certainly taking time :unsure:

Maybe you accidentally removed some closing tag when fixing the inline part?

Btw i just checked your forum and it looks good now?
Besides hiding categories, which does work on my test page..

Instead of style="display:inline-block;" I put style="display:flex;" not sure if this will cause any issues... :sick:

Thanks for the suggestions!

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #44 by sozzled

810 wrote: The issue is that many B3 templates builders have edited too much [of Bootstrap] to get [their templates] working [with Joomla].

That's the reason is so buggy.

This is a fairly serious issue.

In effect, I think what you're saying is that the Bootstrap 3 framework, as far as Joomla is concerned, is not yet a stable, mature environment and that Joomla template developers are going in different directions (and changing the core Bootstap framework along the way) to implement their designs.

In effect, this means that it may be possible to develop a Kunena template that co-operates with one or two specific implementations of Bootstrap 3, but not all (or indeed, most) of them.

Have I correctly summarised the situation from your perspective?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by 810.

More
8 years 9 months ago #45 by 810
No, that's not what I said.

All template builders, implanted bootstrap in a different way.

So Crypsisb3 will not work on all Templates.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #46 by sozzled

810 wrote: No, that's not what I said.

All template builders, implanted bootstrap in a different way.

So Crypsisb3 will not work on all Templates.

Actually, what you have just written is almost identical to how I interpreted your earlier statement. You are saying, in effect, that Kunena Crypsis will work for some Bootstrap 3 templates (depending the specific Joomla template developer that people obtained their templates from) but not all "Bootstrap 3" template designs. That is also what I wrote. B)

What I am trying to understand is, if each Joomla template developer implements a different strategy for Bootstrap 3, how can the Kunena project keep up with all of these different variations on a theme? If Crypsis will work with one or two (or however many) different interpretations of Bootstrap 3, which ones will it work with and which ones will it not work with?

I well remember the discussion Which came first? The template or the forum? . Most people choose their Joomla template first and then they install Kunena. (I am not debating whether this is a good strategy or not).

How will people know which templates are compatible with Crypsis and which ones will not be compatible if it "will not work on all templates" (as you wrote)?

The fact of the matter is that "Bootstrap 3" (as far as Joomla is concerned) is not standardised; it has been interpreted and differently by Joomla template developers because the "standard" was not sufficiently mature or stable in the first place.

As I said earlier, this is a serious issue.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 9 months ago #47 by 810
Crypsis B3 will support the default bootstrap 3 classes. If any template developer change any classes/js then its there issue.

Not our issue.

They can try, or ask there template builder for support.

More
8 years 8 months ago #48 by betteryouthanme

810 wrote: Crypsis B3 will support the default bootstrap 3 classes. If any template developer change any classes/js then its there issue.

Not our issue.

They can try, or ask there template builder for support.

I don't think most bootstrap3 template developers made big chances to the classes, some stylings edits maybe but the core stays the same.
There will always some css adjustments needed. ;)

What keeps me from using Crypsis is that modals popups do not work in editor, everything else is a matter of css fine tuning, some icons not working in the php files and some other little things which have mentioned in this thread.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #49 by geoffc
I have been playing with the new Crypsis template for Bootstrap 3 templates and have managed to get it to work with a couple of small changes. Our template is a Joostrap template which is practically straight Bootstrap 3.

The first is that we need to define a new CSS rule in our CSS override file:
Code:
#kunena.layout .table { float: left; table-layout: fixed; }

This forces the table to fit within the allocated container area, otherwise the display stretches all over our template columns to to right thus making the modules located on the right hand side of the page impossible to read

The second change we suspect is a coding bug in the file: com_kunena/templates/crypsisb3/layouts/categoryitem/default.php.

The determinations of the column width for the subject column is determined at the top of the file (line 15) based upon whether the field $this->checkbox is set as follows:
Code:
$cols = empty($this->checkbox) ? 5 : 6;

If it is empty, as is our situation the value of cols is set to 5.

However the test in the column header for the column where (we presume) the checkbox would be displayed is testing the field $this->topicActions, and is as follows:
Code:
<?php if (!empty($this->topicActions)) : ?> <td class="col-md-1 center"> <label> <input class="kcheckall" type="checkbox" name="toggle" value="" /> </label> </td> <?php endif; ?>

If we count up the number of col-md-x values we have 1 (icon) +5 (subject) +2 (replies) +3 (last post) +1 (actions) which makes 12 (as intended).

Unfortunately in our case the value of $this->topicActions is null and hence the sum of the col comes to 11, which does not fill the table width, leaving a extra space after the last displayed column.

I suspect that either the two tests should be made the same or alternatively switch the empty test results so that on line 15 the default is 6 if the $this->checkbox field is empty.

I did try setting up a CSS rule for the last displayed td column to fill the width but this tended to swash up the subject column and made the table display a little unbalanced.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by geoffc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hazel1919

More
8 years 8 months ago #50 by 810
Found the issue with closing user dropdown, plus closing buttons on click.

After next version, the default jquery/bootstrap will be removed.

So its loading your templates bootstrap and jquery versions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hazel1919

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds