Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena Help (menu item for users) in my J5 website: error 'deprecated $body'

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1 by sthop
Hello,
I have installed Kunena 6.2.0 extension in my Joomla 5.0.0 website (in development environment: J4 updated to J5).
When I login in my site, as a user who has the right to read/write Kunena Forum Topics, I get an orange/yellow error after clicking on the by-Kunena-generated menu item 'Help':

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Kunena\Forum\Libraries\Layout\KunenaLayout::$body is deprecated in ....\joomla4\libraries\kunena\src\Layout\KunenaBase.php on line 570
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.0000    362752    {main}( )    ...\index.php:0
2 etc.

How can I get rid of this ugly error on the user Help-page (of Kunena Forum J5-extension on my site)?

Regards,
sthop
Windows11, Apache 2.4.54 (Win64), MariaDB 10.10.2, PHP 8.2.0, mod_fcgid 2.3.10-dev 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #2 by Leen
Is your error reporting in Joomla set to maxium and debug turned on?
and or also in Kunena debug?
I can't recreate this on my own jm5 sites

L.v.d.A
The following user(s) said Thank You: sthop

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #3 by rich
This error is displayed when the error reporting is set to maximum. These error messages are information for developers. Reset the error reporting to System Default and the error message will be hidden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sthop

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #4 by sthop
Hello rich and Leen,
Switching off either Kunena Debug Mode and/or Joomla Debug Mode, did not make the error-text on the Help-page go away. 
But I found another location with Debug-function: php.ini.
In my Wampserver I use PHP v.8.2.0. with the zend_extension Xdebug implemented.
Here, I changed xdebug.mode=develop to xdebug.mode=off.
This did the trick: no nasty large orange/yellow warning in the Kunena Help webpage anymore.

Now, with Xdebug set to off, I do not know if I will miss out on future bugs.

Thanks for looking into my problem.
Regards, sthop

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #5 by Leen
Yes, I have had that turned off on my wamp for a while now, so that may be correct glad you found it

L.v.d.A

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #6 by sthop
Hello again,
I do not get the colourful, long warning generated by Xdebug, but I do still get the first 2 sentences in the Forum Help-webpage:
"Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Kunena\Forum\Libraries\Layout\KunenaLayout::$body is deprecated in ...\joomla4\libraries\kunena\src\Layout\KunenaBase.php on line 570"

Even with Kunena Debug Mode = No and with Joomla System Debug = No
I switched off both the Debug functions at:
Joomla 5 at:
Admin dashboard | Global Configuration | System-tab: System Debug = No .
Kunena extension in Joomla 5 at:
Admin dashboard | Components | Kunena Forum | Configuration: Enable Debug Mode = No .

Is there any other place in the dashboard, where I can switch off debugging, or any other background service?
Regards, sthop

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #7 by rich

Is there any other place in the dashboard, where I can switch off debugging, or any other background service?

No, there is no other place to deactivate the debug. However, it could be that the page is loaded from the cache together with the displayed error.
But the error has been fixed in the meantime, see here: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/26...015bb6d6ca32f93d29e3

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #8 by Leen
I have my wamp set up like this and I have that problem not so maybe you can compare setting wamp

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #9 by sthop
Thank you for your answer.
I expect that the reparation of 'deprecated $body' will show up in the next update-version of Kunena: v.6.2.1 ?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #10 by xillibit
hello,

yes the fix for will be present in the Kunena 6.2.1

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds