Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Cannot Insert Attachments with SCeditor when using Kunena 6.0.1.1

More
1 year 8 months ago #1 by purezen
Hello Support

You cannot insert Attachments into a message with Kunena 6.0.1.1, when the Editor is set to SCeditor.
Changing editor to CKeditor works OK when inserting attachments.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Set editor to SCeditor
2. Start new message
3. Add File
4. Press Insert button - nothing happens

Regards
Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #2 by Leen
Hello,
Which joomla Template do you use?
Have you also tested with the Cassiopeia - Default template

L.v.d.A

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #3 by purezen
No I did not test with the default Joomla template Cassiopeia.
After reading your message, I did test with the Joomla 4 template Cassiopeia and also set to Aurelia for one test, and my 9themestore template for a 2nd test.
All combinations are producing the same error if you select SCeditor - you can't insert attachments into a message.
The only reason I went back to SCeditor, was because of the bug with CKeditor, that adds code to a message when you select a Category.
I have now gone back to using CKeditor and posted a Notification on my forum, so that people understand there is a bug and what to do.

I use a relatively new template for Joomla 4 called RSRadda!, from the guys at RSJoomla - they make extremely reliable Extensions & Templates and continually release updates for bugs and new features. They are my most trusted Joomla extension supplier.

I currently don't have any CSS or Javascript optimization tools installed and activated for the entire site.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by purezen.

More
1 year 8 months ago #4 by Leen
Your problem is a bit similar to this topic which also couldn't insert files.
an extra script has been applied there, maybe it is something like that for you too. (check out the topic especially the last answers
www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...8-add-files?start=20

L.v.d.A

More
1 year 8 months ago #5 by rich
The SCEditor is not fully integrated yet. There are more things that are not yet available. For the time, the editor is still limited to minimal functions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: purezen

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds