Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Freshly Installed and updated Helix Ultimate Quickstart Pack - Joomla 4

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #1 by Rohambili
Hello people! 

I try to install Kunena 6.0.0 b5 on a freshly installed and updated Helix Ultimate quickstart thingy, and i cant install the forum template, the thing is stopped here, i can click million times to install sample, nothing happens.  
Is it any possible solution to install manually?  The sample is helpfull to copy permissions to newly created topics pls help me!
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Rohambili.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Try to install sample data by using the button in Joomla! home dashboard :

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rohambili

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #3 by Rohambili
Thank you! @xillibit

Please tell me what to read to know better what am i doing? (sorry im a noob)
I dont find any how-to for kunena6.
BTW I started to read Documentation ...

I cant find out how to get login working. Any idea?
If i click it, does not happen anything. 

If i set to cassiopeia to default theme, then enter the browser https://myhostname/forum , and click the login link its popped up the "login/register dialog"

Maybe, can you suggest me a free theme with quickstart to use with kunena, which dont have complications
Thank you! 
Looks Like T4 Framework quickstart works out of the box. Till i want to register a new user.  

One problem solved another created.
Registering to the site is enabled BTW. This one is whos falt? T4 Framework or kunena?

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Rohambili.

More
2 years 4 months ago #4 by rich

If i set to cassiopeia to default theme, then enter the browser https://myhostname/forum

Have you not enabled in the main menu the menu item Forum?

Maybe, can you suggest me a free theme with quickstart to use with kunena, which dont have complications

Why you don't use the Joomla default template Cassiopeia? It's easy to configure and has all, which you need for a web page. You can always install another template later when you have more experience. Remember that Kunena is still a beta version, and it may be difficult for you to determine if errors are coming from the template or from Kunena.

More
2 years 4 months ago #5 by LTCreations
If I may, I'd like to share something that may help.
I'm having an issue with the log in also. The log in form in Kunena works only to log in, but the links for Registration and both Forgot links are simply "/1" which leads to nothing. So you stay on the same page where you clicked the link, but nothing happens.

I just updated J4 today, got all the other links working (finally), reset the index.php page to "Default" (home), and everything seems to be working except the registration (and other log in form links).

As you know, Rich, I am using Cassiopeia. There are no errors - just the links in the Kunena log in form do not work.
I "thought" this may be part of the link "bugs" in J4, but all the other links I "was" finding that were problems (until you switched the form to the home) are resolved - at least as far as I can tell.

I've reset the menu and haven't touched anything in Kunena admin since you were last there. I've worked on a menu link to the registration form because there wasn't one while I was waiting for the J4 update. That came through today, but did not resolve the links in the log in form for Kunena. In the J4 log in form, the links all work as expected.
Let me know if you need more and you can mess with my development site again if necessary.

And if there is something I'm missing, let me know. Thanks.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom

More
2 years 4 months ago #6 by rich
Yes, I confirm the wrong links to the registration form and add this problem to our bug list.

More
2 years 4 months ago #7 by Rohambili
I find it! How to :D

Hmm Why not use Default theme? Couse its ugly?

Plus i have all the quix based themes, just not have the quix4

And helix and T4 is almost good looking themes. 

More
2 years 4 months ago #8 by LTCreations

I find it! How to :D

Hmm Why not use Default theme? Couse its ugly?

Plus i have all the quix based themes, just not have the quix4

And helix and T4 is almost good looking themes. 

You don't use Cassiopeia "as is". You use that as the foundation of a template and make it look like whatever you want.
You don't need any software. Just create an additional CSS file and add your own CSS to style anything you want.

Helix is not yet updated to work well with Kunena. I've already tried.

Plus, using Cassiopeia I have a 99% "mobile" page speed on the 2 areas of my site that "should" be slow due to background images, and Kunena pages are also at 99%. The only reason I get 99 instead of 100 is because I have 1, 50x50px webp logo image. I have no other software installed other than JCE. It's all in what you know.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom

More
2 years 4 months ago #9 by LTCreations

Yes, I confirm the wrong links to the registration form and add this problem to our bug list.

Perfect! I'm sure the update will appear in time for me to open the site up for visitors. But I have work-arounds just in case.
Thank you for confirming the links are bugs.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom

More
2 years 4 months ago #10 by LTCreations
Rich - I was wrong about the menu.
The "initial" links when you arrive at the main forum work and do not have the "?itemid=101".
However, once you go to a category, any of the posts or attempting to return to the main home forum page "includes" the ?itemid=101 at the end of the URL, so it won't resolve properly. Kunena uses the Joomla menu id of the site index.php in the URL and the page doesn't display properly.
The ?itemid=101 appears at the end of every menu item except "Forum" (home link) in the Kunena menu and "Index". Those 2 links maintain the SEO Friendly URL.
When you return to the main forum page, all links are correct and no id is added.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds