Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Cannot Post Topic

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #11 by LTCreations
Replied by LTCreations on topic Cannot Post Topic
Where did you see a gif?!
I haven't used one in more than 10 years. I'm not using "any" gif's for anything. As you suggested, I've only used jpg or png for many years, but I'm trying to use all webp now.
The current Avatar is a jpg. I was trying to use a webp for the 1 image I have in the design. But Helix doesn't support webp yet...go figure.
Look at the "inspect" and you'll see the current image "assigned" to my profile is a jpg = "/media/kunena/avatars/users/avatar671.jpg", which is an image I uploaded for my profile. It's assigned to my profile, but only the blue Avatar is displayed. It's something directly related to Kunena because the URL for the image is /secure.gravatar.com/......
As you suggested I'll disable Helix and JCE one at a time to see if either of them has any relationship to the problems.

I disabled JCE and that made no difference. I cleared the cache for my profile and that made no difference - at the same time I disabled JCE.
Even though I use Helix as my default template in the site, I'm using Cassiopeia for the template in Kunena. So there "should" be no problems. However, you would know better than I if Kunena is reading "something" from Helix, even though there is nothing about Helix that's used for Kunena.

I'm happy to provide you access to the site. It's in development - not live. If you see anywhere that I've got settings incorrect, let me know.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by LTCreations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #12 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Cannot Post Topic

the URL for the image is /secure.gravatar.com/

In this case, if you have enabled the gravatar plugin, the avatar display does not work. You can use only either gravatar or avatars.
The avatar upload option should not be available, if you use gravatars. But that's another bug.

More
2 years 4 months ago #13 by rich

I'm happy to provide you access to the site. It's in development - not live. If you see anywhere that I've got settings incorrect, let me know.

You can use the confidential tags for the access data (padlock symbol in the editor), then is this info visible only to you and moderators here.

More
2 years 4 months ago #14 by LTCreations
I have 2 sites that are both development sites. Here is the latest where I've tried to start from nothing installed but JCE and Kunena -
This message contains confidential information
Those work for both front and back ends.
Please look at the front end for the 1 post in SEO for Small Business - First Post. I've detailed what I found with that installation.

The site that's caused me so much grief is -
This message contains confidential information

This site has JCE (which I have confirmed is "not" a problem for Kunena) and Helix installed. Thank you for all your help.
The reason this is so important is because I'm the administrator for a group in Alignable.com - www.alignable.com/groups/seo-for-small-business - with over 5,000 members. I'm trying to redesign my site and then mirror what I'm doing in my group. The forum is a critical part of the group. The template being very clean (no images) is part of SEO. I get 99% mobile page speed with that design, and the 3 colors overlapping in the background is SVG code that, normally, would cause even a desktop to load very slowly. My techniques are proven to get fast Web sites - as long as you're not using WordPress.

You said, "If you have enabled the gravatar plugin..." and I have it enabled (as I just now checked) in the site that's causing so many problems for me. THANK YOU! I just got the image to show up by disabling the plugin. But there are so many link errors that I'm still not even close to finding how to work around them.

In the Cassiopeia site, I have not enabled that plugin. So why does uploading an image "not" work in this site?
If I can get that working I think I can get by with any of the bugs or issues by not using Helix, which is going to be a pain, but I'll make it work.
The links (which are not in the menu) work much better in this site. I'd even say there are none that do not work. But the log in form has to be disabled, and I don't have a problem with that.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom

More
2 years 4 months ago #15 by rich
I've visited both pages. General is the routing problem the same on both pages, but you see this error more stark with the template Helius.
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/35463
The route refers to the Joomla menu item Home and this is what causes these errors. 

Until the problem is fixed, I have only one way out for you. While setting up Kunena, use this as the main home page (mark the first menu item "Forum" in the Kunena menu with the star). Then you can also enable the login module again.
This is only a workaround during the setting of Kunena.

More
2 years 4 months ago #16 by LTCreations
You didn't mention the problem with uploading an image for the Avatar. Is that also part of the routing issue? Or is there a fix that I've not found for that?

I had read about the issues with the routing in J4 a couple of weeks ago. Too bad they aren't making that a priority to fix. Maybe it's in the "next" update.

I'd be happy to disable the Joomla log in form, but the log in form for Kunena on the "home" page of the forum does not work due to the navbar not appearing normally. It's only about 10px in height. But on all other pages of the forum, the menu and log in form are fine.
On forum-home URL, the navbar is only 10 to 15px high, so nothing is displayed but the words "Log In", although the link doesn't work.
On form/index-en-gb URL, the navbar is properly functional and displays everything perfectly.
That doesn't seem like a routing issue, but you'd know better than I.
I tried in the third site (with the purple color) to increase the height with CSS but was not successful. I'll try again in the Cassiopeia site.

When you have a second, take a look at the Cassiopeia pages and tell me if I understood the "home" menu as you described - schoolfortheblonde.com/tagnew/forum-home

In the meantime, I'm going to build the site (again) using Cassiopeia only. It's amazing to what lengths we'll go to develop a site.
Thank you.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #17 by rich

You didn't mention the problem with uploading an image for the Avatar. Is that also part of the routing issue? Or is there a fix that I've not found for that?

That has nothing to do with it. It was just a temporary problem. If you had created a new topic, it maybe would have gone away too. 

Too bad they aren't making that a priority to fix. Maybe it's in the "next" update.

It is top priority, before this not work, we cannot publish an RC version.

On forum-home URL, the navbar is only 10 to 15px high, so nothing is displayed but the words "Log In", although the link doesn't work.

You have created a wrong menu item in the main menu. Links of other menus, which are linked to the forum, must be Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias

When you have a second, take a look at the Cassiopeia pages and tell me if I understood the "home" menu as you described

Go on your Cassiopeia page to the Kunena menu, then you see what I mean. I've marked the menu item Forum with the star.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
2 years 4 months ago #18 by LTCreations
You made me laugh when I hit the forum. I've been engrossed in the design / redesign of Cassiopeia that I didn't know you were posting in the forum. When I arrived there I saw that apple with the worm and laughed, knowing "you" were there.

I'm no longer concerned with the sample data. There's no point now. And you're right that I've gone too far anyway.

The height of the menu navbar was fixed when I changed the site menu item to the Kunena "Home". So obviously that was my mistake. Kunena seemed to function better if I didn't go to the home initially. But, as we discussed, that's part of the routing issue, and should not have been the proper link anyway.

Using the Cassiopeia template has turned out to be the right way to develop this site. But moving forward, I'd never want to attempt that for a client.

The menu item "Forum" - I see what you mean now. It "should" be an alias and I was making it a directly link to the Kunena home. I'm still unclear "where" I should find the "star"...but I don't think that's important at this point. Do you?

I've done quite a bit of clean up since you were there. I think you'd be impressed with what I (finally) got the template to display. The hardest part was trying to find a way to add / change any CSS. I found a free plugin that allows me to do that. The next hardest part was getting my svg code in a module in order to appear under the header of the template.

The Kunena breadcrumbs uses home, and it "is" the same link as the main menu, but the link doesn't work due to the routing. Correct?

I just found something that is definitely not good, and hopefully you use Chrome to say I'm wrong.
I just opened Chrome and went to the site...and the template does not appear at all - nothing. Only Kunena is showing when you make it to the forum page. Please let me know which browser you used so I can figure out if it's something on my end or with Chrome. I use Firefox (the real browser) and everything is perfect.

Thank you very much for your patience.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #19 by rich

I'm still unclear "where" I should find the "star"...but I don't think that's important at this point. Do you?

Please see the image. During adjust Kunena it's easier if you use it as main page, because you have no routing problems.

I just found something that is definitely not good, and hopefully you use Chrome to say I'm wrong.
I just opened Chrome and went to the site...and the template does not appear at all - nothing.

Also with Chromium and Opera you will not see the template. The position of your gustom module is not adapted for all browsers. That's not a problem caused by Kunena.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds