Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Removing kunena Version 6 Beta 3/4

More
2 years 7 months ago #1 by Leen
removing kunena via kunena itself does not work.
do i kunena via extensions > manage delete remains
all kunena items exist in the database.

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #2 by rich
If you uninstall Kunena via the Joomla extension manager, the database and uploaded attachments and avatars remain. That's correct.
And if you uninstall Kunena via Kunena tools it should be all removed, along with the database. For me, it works both.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #3 by Leen
ha ok I will try again via the Kunena via Kunena tools with the Debug setting on maybe that difference could be
I have tried with various settings but can't remove the test version kunena 6 with the Uninstall Kunena tool
it also seems that uninstall tool is not loading everything right buttons and also the warning popup does not come up anywhere in kuena version 6 in my test
ps
I also tried Joomla 3.10.2 with kunena 5.2.6 and that goes well everything has been removed

L.v.d.A
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Leen.

More
2 years 7 months ago #4 by rich
Have you entered username and password before execute the process?
The difference between Joomla 3.10 and Joomla 4.0 is:
In Joomla 3.10 you don't need to enter username and password if you already logged in as Super User in the backend
In Joomla 4.0 you must nevertheless to enter the username and password before execute this process

But if you see the message "The Forum is currently offline for maintenance..." the installation is not complete.
Maybe therefore not all options working correct.

More
2 years 7 months ago #5 by rich
Ok, I saw it now. I've not noticed this issue, because I always use the Enter key instead of the execute button.
Press on your keyboard Enter after insert your username and password, then it works.

More
2 years 7 months ago #6 by Leen
 thanks for the explanation I tried that and then kunena will be removed

L.v.d.A

More
2 years 7 months ago #7 by MrE
I am having the same issue.  It seems the uninstall links/images are broken.  I am not able to uninstall Kunena.  It seems my install didn't work correctly with the Beta version.  Please see the screen shot.  I enter username and password and click on execute, but nothing happens.  How do I manually uninstall?

More
2 years 7 months ago #8 by rich
Have you not read this topic? Here is the solution: www.kunena.org/forum/k-6-0-support/16276...on-6-beta-3-4#219198

More
2 years 7 months ago #9 by MrE
Apparently I HAVE read it.  If you look up to my post you will see my screen shot.  Your directions don't work.

Looks like I need to remove it   How do I do that without breaking my whole Joomla install?

More
2 years 7 months ago #10 by rich
I've seen your screenshot and know that the button "Execute the Process" does not work. Press the Enter key of your keyboard instead of this button.
I hope you are not using a beta version on your live site without backup it first.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds