Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How to assign a user the as administrator

More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by checkmateman
Please i will like to asign a user the auhtority of administrator because the users need to correct the post of some people but the user can't do this as a global moderator, please how can i do that. also the user after asigning him that right, he/she should not be able to access the backend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Administrators, by rights, have access to the backend. You use Joomla to assign a user as an administrator.

What are you trying to do? You wrote that the global moderator was unable to moderate other users' posts. How did you go about assigning the user as a global moderator?

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by rich
Yes, it's possible a Kunena Administrator without backend login.
www.kunena.org/docs/en/faq/admins-only-for-kunena (If you set Step 5 - Administrator Login = Not Allowed)
But it makes no sense. A Admin has in the frontend not much more rights such as a Global moderator.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
All that you say is true, rich. I think the questioner has simply changed the user's forum rank to "moderator" but has not properly assigned the role using the Kunena User Manager. Perhaps I am mistaken.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by checkmateman
i"ve add the kunena admin group but it still didn't recognise the users as administrator on the frontend,

my objective/aim is that i want to allow two other users to be able to edit the post/replies made on forum topics

More
7 years 10 months ago #6 by rich

sozzled wrote: I think the questioner has simply changed the user's forum rank to "moderator"

t seems, you're right.

checkmateman wrote: i"ve add the kunena admin group but it still didn't recognise the users as administrator on the frontend,

You should only select this option, if you have some experience with Joomla.

checkmateman wrote: i want to allow two other users to be able to edit the post/replies made on forum topics

Therefore, there are moderators. Plesae see here www.kunena.org/docs/en/manual/backend/users/assign-moderator-s
The following user(s) said Thank You: checkmateman

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds