Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged Best way to upgrade from K 2.0?

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by Shimei
I'm about to tackle an older installation of Kunena 2.0.1, and upgrade it to 3.0.4. What are your suggestions in how to accomplish this, should I bring this up in tiers or is it Okay to run the 3.0.4 updater through the Joomla! extension manager?

I'm looking to make this as error free and easy as possible, and to nip the problem children out of the process before they occur.

Your help and expertise would be much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi Shimei,

I think you can follow some below steps:

- Step 1: Back-up your site and current Kunena template.

- Step 2: Download the latest version of the Kunena component and install it to your site.

- Step 3: Update the current Kunena template.

I tried to upgrade and it worked fine.

Regards,

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by 9themestore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
In my opinion, the "best" way to update Kunena from any version to the latest K 3.0.4 version is to use the method described in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide . Of course that just my opinion; that's the way I have performed several hundred updates of Kunena. People can use any way they like. B)
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 months ago #4 by Buldog
I hope someone can help me.
What are te best steps to upgrade Kunena 2.0.4 to 3.0.4
There are 4200 users in the old one, and upgrade all other settings.
I have joomla 2.5.17

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
G'day, Buldog, and welcome to Kunena.

In my opinion, the "best" way to update Kunena from any version to the latest K 3.0.4 version is to use the method described in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide . Of course that just my opinion; that's the way I have performed several hundred updates of Kunena. People can use any way they like as long as it works, right? ;)

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #6 by Buldog
Thank you for the quick answer.
But what means this:
Kunena 3.0 is not compatible with modules or plug-ins designed for previous versions and we recommend you disable all old Kunena extensions before installing or upgrading.

How can i upgrade then the old settings and users?

I try a few things and get every time this error:
Fatal error: Class 'KunenaForum' not found in\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\model.php on line 1363
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Buldog.

More
10 years 3 months ago #7 by Shimei

sozzled wrote: Of course that just my opinion; that's the way I have performed several hundred updates of Kunena. People can use any way they like. B)

That would not be just an opinion then, it is a "professional opinion." Thanks Sozzled and 9themestore, the upgrade was successful and without error.

I'll be sure to contribute another donation for another great version of Kunena "3.04." And 9themestore, I'll be clicking your ad to purchase a template from you soon enough.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled

Buldog wrote: But what means this:
Kunena 3.0 is not compatible with modules or plug-ins designed for previous versions and we recommend you disable all old Kunena extensions before installing or upgrading.

True, K 3.0 is not compatible with many of the older modules or add-ons that were designed for K 2.0 in the sense that (a) there's no certainty that any or all of those older things will work with K 3.0 and (b) the team has not tested these older things with K 3.0.4. K 3.0 involved many internal structural changes that may prevent old software (or personalised, custom modifications that you may have made to the original K 2.0 source files) from interoperating nicely with K 3.0. In fact, because of these internal structural changes (and the need to make K 3.0 operable in J! 3.x) it is more likely that those old things will not work.

Because I do not know what specific modules, plugins or add-ons you are referring to, I can only respond to your question in a very general way. Which specific modules, plugins or add-ons are you referring to?

Buldog wrote: How can I upgrade then the old settings and users?

There should be no reason to suspect that "old" settings will not be retained. If we are only discussing Kunena, the configuration settings that you used before and the categories and topics and posts in those topics that exist in your K 2.0.4 forum, these things will be preserved. K 3.0.4 has some new configuration settings that did not exist in K 2.0.4 but there's no reason for you to believe that those new settings will affect the operation of your forum after you upgrade. If you have suspicions then the general advice is that you should test the upgrade on a copy of your original site to see what happens.

As far as the "users" are concerned, "Kunena users" are Joomla users and the upgrade from K 2.0.4 to K 3.0.4 should not impact them. There are also forum tools to synchronise the Kunena users with the Joomla users and to recount the forum user statistics.

Buldog wrote: I try a few things and get every time this error:
Fatal error: Class 'KunenaForum' not found in\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\model.php on line 1363

This should be treated as a separate issue and as a separate topic. I searched the forum for information about this error message but I could not find any information about it that I can suggest may help. Please start a separate topic on this subject with the title "Fatal error: Class 'KunenaForum' not found in\administrator\components\com_kunena\install\model.php on line 1363" and we will see what we can do to help you. Please also watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 and use the information in your new topic.

More
10 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled

Shimei wrote: I'll be sure to contribute another donation for another great version of Kunena "3.04."

On behalf of the Kunena team, we thank you for your genorous donation. :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #10 by Buldog
I have fix the error.
I forgot to tell that install with the link in joomla not work.
I download it from the home page en unzip it.
And i only install com_kunena_v3.0.4.zip.
That was the error.
I install the other things en de error was gone.

Time to create page: 0.770 seconds