Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Internal server error attempting to upgrade from K 2.0.3 -> K 3.0.5 on J! 2.5.9

More
9 years 11 months ago #11 by sozzled
Thanks.

The configuration report indicates that you have the required versions of PHP and MySQL and that you should have sufficient server resources (e.g. memory and execution times) to handle most tasks that you need to do.

As I am sure you have read in the article I referred you to read in msg #4 of this topic ( HTTP 500 Internal Server Error ), the "internal server error" is one of those catch-all conditions when something goes wrong. There can be thousands of possible reasons for getting an error like this but, depending on one's experience, they can take minutes, hours, days or weeks before you eventually determine the cause. Most of the time (and when I say most of the time I mean perhaps one time in 10,000 times) these problems are not caused by Kunena but they are result of something completely external to Kunena. For example, if you do not have sufficient memory you will get an "internal server error".

I could make dozens of educated guesses about what could be the cause of your internal server error when you attempt to upgrade from K 2.0.3 to K 3.0.5, starting with

• the outdated version J! 2.5.9 (that was made obsolete over a year ago) that you are using;
  • the fact that we have had numerous reports from members of this community about their problems with Shape5.com templates;
  • your "release candidate" Kunena template (that was made obsolete over 2 years ago)
  • the outdated verion K 2.0.3 that was superseded by K 2.0.4 in January 2013)

but, rather than try to guess what is the cause of the problem it would make far better sense if you enabled Joomla debug mode, attempt the upgrade again, and see if there is any additional information that appears on the screen at the time that you get "internal server error".

For a person like me to tell you what is wrong when someone reports "I get an 'internal server error' when I try to upgrade" is a bit like someone on the other end of the telephone hearing "I cannot start my car" and that's all the information you're given. :laugh:

So, unless there is some additional information you can give us about why you get the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error , there is not a lot that we can do to assist you without spending time working alongside you while you're doing the work. Have you any ideas, yourself, how you would like us to help you better than we already have tried?

In conclusion, I cannot tell you exactly why you are getting the internal server error when you try to upgrade from K 2.0.3 to K 3.0.5; I have changed the subject of this topic so that people will better understand what is happening.

If you have some ideas how we can assist you further, I am sure that we would welcome those suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tamirzzz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #12 by tamirzzz
Hi,

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.

You must have looked the last paragraph I added below the configuration report. (marked P.S,)

I will further investigate the issue while giving special attention to the points you pointed out in your posts.

I will keep you updated.

Many thanks,

Tamir

More
9 years 11 months ago #13 by sozzled

tamirzzz wrote: You must have looked the last paragraph I added below the configuration report. (marked P.S,)

I looked at what you wrote about the 404 Error but this is irrelevant. If you get an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error during the upgrade then it does not really matter if you get an "HTTP 404 Not Found" error after the upgrade, does it? If the upgrade does not work then it does not work.

What you have to do is to tell us why it does not work.

If you enable Joomla debug mode you may be able to tell us why the upgrade does not work.

Have you enabled Joomla debug mode? (Do you know how to enable Joomla debug mode?) Have you attempted to upgrade to K 3.0.5 after enabling Joomla debug mode? What does this tell you and what can you tell us?

That's what you have to do. Please read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error which will help you.

More
9 years 11 months ago #14 by tamirzzz
I meant that you overlooked that I upgrade to j.2.5.19 in my dev env and then tried to upgrade :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #15 by sozzled
Have you enabled Joomla debug mode on your site? Yes or no?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #16 by tamirzzz
hi,

Yes, I have.

keep getting the same screen:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

However, I post the last queries:
Warning: Spoiler!

perhaps, this will give you some indication.

Tnx :)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: hide traceback stack dump with spoiler to reduce screen space

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #17 by tamirzzz
{cont}

I enter the site and clicked the forum menu item. for unknown reasons the site is still up and running (although installation fails).

I have recorded the DB queries. Tnx :)

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide stack dump with spoiler to reduce screen space

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #18 by tamirzzz
{Cont#2}

Hi,

I tried installing through the upgrade manager in Kunena (as opposed to the extension manager). Now, I have more clues, it failed with the following message:

500 - **An error has occurred.**
**Installation unexpectedly terminated:****Package Install: Custom install routine failure**

**Return to Control Panel**

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JAdministrator->dispatch() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/administrator/index.php:46
2 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/administrator/includes/application.php:153
3 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:348
4 require_once() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:380
5 LiveUpdate::handleRequest() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php:26
6 JController->execute() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/administrator/components/com_kunena/liveupdate/liveupdate.php:63
7 LiveUpdateController->install() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:761
8 LiveUpdateModel->install() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/administrator/components/com_kunena/liveupdate/classes/controller.php:150
9 JInstaller->install() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/administrator/components/com_kunena/liveupdate/classes/model.php:99
10 JInstallerPackage->install() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php:472
11 JInstaller->abort() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/package.php:140
12 JError::raiseError() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php:417
13 JError::raise() /home/virtual/tamirdwh/public_html/subdomains/dwh/mainj25/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

and the DB queries were:

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide lengthy stack dump to reduce screen space

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #19 by tamirzzz
{Cont3}

After the installation failed. I looked in the extension manager while searching to the Kunena keyword, and found that some of the version 3 elements were successfully installed. I am attaching a screenshot. please have alook at the version column.

Tnx :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by tamirzzz.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #20 by sozzled
What do you mean "I tried installing through the upgrade manager in Kunena (as opposed to the extension manager)"? Did you follow the K 3.0 Upgrade Guide or did you not follow the guide?

I do not know what the "upgrade manager in Kunena" is.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.629 seconds